Black Men : Brothers - Can We Discuss our Collective Plans to help the Community?

I agree that we have to fix the family first. But we also have to learn to stay away from the engineered culture that is responsible for the breakdown of the black family. Here are 3 of many things which I personally think ruined black families. (1) Uncommitted flesh driven relationships. Or in other words, hittin it and quitin it. If institutions are created which influence this behavior and cover for its consequences, then genuine relationships wil break down and we will be left relying on those institutions to fix us when in deed they were put together to destroy us. Sadly these relationships have become the norm and the media manufactored "gender war" is its last a final outcome. A war in which sleeping with other ethnic groups/races is the ultimate slap in the face opposing sides throw at one another. A high percentage of women, many but not all, especially in low income areas, rely strickly on government institutions to make her childs father "man up". This is reckless and irresponsible as they often are facilitated into making bad choices. If we would build a stronger foundation to our relationships, I do think our relationships would work out better. But there will be no future in dating strippers and loose women half naked in Night Clubs. Sadly, it has become the norm for many women to wrecklessly fool with some hooligan who may have much appeal to women in the gutter but lacks the personal qualities to be a father. A woman would be suicidal to fool with this type of brother if she had no instituion or court system to force him to take care of his responsibilitiies. We hardly even get to know each other before sexing nowadays. That leads to deadbeats and high abortion rates. (2)Stop relying on the current day system of priveledge and exclusion, b.k.a. $MONEY$. With the ocean of money that we do waste, we could purshase thousands of acres of land to farm, build cities, etc. I dont think every1 will do this but if we organize in our areas, where ever you may be, with those who truly seek independence then we have begun the process. I've said it once but here I go again, my grand dad purshased 20 plus acres in the 1960s under segregation. ( other black men own a total of 1100 acres in this area in which all their property is connected. Thats a small city! Most black men dont even have a quater acre nowadays. Black land ownership is horrendous. We were intergrated to be reliant on and spend our wealth among whites. And the bigger Irony is that all the people who have resisted and even killed whites, Arabs, Asians, Indians,etc, basically sell their products to us out of their stores in our neighborhoods(MESSAGE). (3) Stop arguing with one another over differences and come together on what you agree on instead of ripping each other over your differences. Way to often it is I see blacks degenerate to fighting one another while we are literally under attack in some cases. At times we completely ignore that we are in a struggle against a common enemy. I can easily see slaves, like prisoners, kill one another over petty disputes while serving yt the whole time. YT simply uses their differences against them. So overall, functional unity, structure, and ambition are what we need just about more than anything

“So overall, functional unity, structure, and ambition are what we need just about more than anything”

I second the above statement.
Aside from healing our families, the second place to build is within our communities. Brother talks with brother and plans on small projects that will help the immediate area/community. Clean ups of streets, small pot-luck grill outs for community gatherings for meeting of neighbors.

Put out flyers to gatherings, for those who might be interested in doing things together.

So yes, functional unity in you area, will start the greater sense of community rolling. Tell the dealers in your area, that it’s of limits and enforce it yourselves. A community does not spring up from thin air. A structured effort needs to take place. Brothers and sisters either get together and make it happen, or it does not get done. It’s all on us, it has always been this way.

How do we change the mindset of the non-doers? To do some thing, is always a matter of what is going on within that set community!

Block parties are a great way to get people together and motivated towards it’s area concerns! One neighbor-hood after the next, one school district after the other!

But talking about it on this forum will not get it done. Talk is cheap. The doing on the ground is were it’s all got to happen.

AXE!

“So overall, functional unity, structure, and ambition are what we need just about more than anything”

I second the above statement.
Aside from healing our families, the second place to build is within our communities. Brother talks with brother and plans on small projects that will help the immediate area/community. Clean ups of streets, small pot-luck grill outs for community gatherings for meeting of neighbors.

Put out flyers to gatherings, for those who might be interested in doing things together.

So yes, functional unity in you area, will start the greater sense of community rolling. Tell the dealers in your area, that it’s of limits and enforce it yourselves. A community does not spring up from thin air. A structured effort needs to take place. Brothers and sisters either get together and make it happen, or it does not get done. It’s all on us, it has always been this way.

How do we change the mindset of the non-doers? To do some thing, is always a matter of what is going on within that set community!

Block parties are a great way to get people together and motivated towards it’s area concerns! One neighbor-hood after the next, one school district after the other!

But talking about it on this forum will not get it done. Talk is cheap. The doing on the ground is were it’s all got to happen.

AXE!

Excellent suggestions, however, discussion boards can serve many purposes.
Millions were inspired by Malcolm and Martin's talk,

and inspired to take action,

just as many here will read your post and will be inspired to take positive action as well.

:bowdown::bowdown::lift::lift::lift:

With all do respect, as we see those who were middle class 3 years ago, sliding into poverty due to Bush's mess, and hard pressed for a greyhound or amtrak, expense for a ticket to attend a funeral of a relation let alone the cost of a one way ticket to one of the 52 nations in Africa,

what is your opinion of the Nguzo Saba?
Also your opinion of the social engineering techniques of the NOI that have transformed , thousands of men who were the dregs of society, and made them into not just good fathers, and loving husbands but pillars of the Black community?

Again partner thanks for your response. As far as expatriation I realize that it's not a simple task. The truth is far to many of us know virtually nothing about Africa other than what we are allowed and guided to see. Therefore what I suggest is that each of us take a vacation in an African nation. Let me clarify; a politically stable Sub-Saharan African nation. Through the power of the internet I'm sure we all can find a suitable tour. Going to African nations and experiencing the culture I'm sure will open the eyes of many interested brothers and sisters. This doesn't have to happen tomorrow literally. It's a matter of planning. Those who desire this will find a way to make this happen. I think that will be a great start for renewing our minds and making connections to the broader aspects of the African Diaspora .

As far as the seven principles of Kwanzaa I think it's a good way to establish a blueprint for building our community here in America. This will also prepare us for our next step of nation building. When we get that far we will be well on our way. The thing about this is we must realize that not everyone will immediately be onboard with this movement. Usually it takes positive proof before more brothers and sisters came around. Therefore it takes a few to blaze the trail for others to follow.

As far as the NOI is concerned no one can argue with results. However when dealing with cultures that are not our own there is a price to pay for success. That debt may not be collected on right away but it will be collected. No matter how much you Black wash someone else's philosophy and culture, ultimately it serves its creator. If we are not the creators of a philosophy or culture it will not ultimately benefit us.

We have already have traditions, customs and philosophies that will benefit us more so than that of what we have gleaned and adopted from others. We just need to desire to look for these things and share them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back