Black Men : What Do We Ask Or Expect Of Our Young Black Brothers?

I live in the Caribbean but I believe that what I would like to see inculcated within the blacks in the USA has a bearing on black men here too.

• I would like our black men to have a greater respect for our women
  • A serious interest in education
  • Remove the thug and bad boy image from their minds
  • Have a zero tolerance for drugs
  • See the seriousness of the role of the black father
  • Have the determination and drive to succeed despite the fact that racism and discrimination are obstacles
  • Not sacrifice the permanent on the altar of the immediate

No young black youth is going to do, going to feel, going to think or going to live out anything that an elder isn't teaching them! I ain't blaming them for anything that wasn't given to them by those who SHOULD have done it BUT DIDN'T.

One of my friends is from Trinidad and he just returned here a week ago from a vacation. He was informing me of how much it has changed and of how the young are just going buck wild, killing, selling drugs, robbing and the whole nine. He said that the people were getting fat and that' it's getting worst than New York there. I asked him if he knew why? His response was that "the elders left and came to the U.S. for what they thought was a better life...and that now no one is farming or growing food anymore and that the elders who used to practice herbalism and sit with the young are gone".

I said; darn Bro!, that sounds like exactly what happened in Afraka back in the day! Once they snatched up the elders Afraka suffered a brain drain as there was no one to pass down the knowledge to the young in terms of how to live.

So I say this to say that...I'm just a little bit tired of "oh, what are we gonna do with the young" ish. Everytime we say that, we need to look in the mirror at ourselves and ask; "what am I doing about it"? How many young people do I talk with a day? What job skills do I try to pass on to them a day? It's not that hard!!! I do it everyday and everywhere I go. Sometimes I see a young brother and I be like; Yo, what's up man...you alright? Check this out...I got some ish i want to show you that you can use the rest of your life to earn some money without having to hustle these streets....you down?

I mean, my conversation varies depending on the brothers response...but the point is that, it ain't that hard and it hurts my soul to hear elders talking that crazy @ss ish about "what we gonna do with these young people out here when many of them aren't even trynna do anything at all with them.

This is an opportunity to speak up and out, as regards what kept you on the straight and narrow path, and/or returned you to it, if you once strayed...

You are some of the role models:

Do run down the real, and clue me to it, as well...

Thanks in advance...

FYI...

What put me on the right path was my surrounding, I went down the wrong path for a while. But after spending a few days in jail, I realized I was better than what I was portraying.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back