1/4 cup of fresh diced White or Yellow Onion

1 seeded finely chopped Jalapeño Pepper

1/4 cup of chopped Portobello Mushrooms

3 to 4 Large floor Tortillas

1/2 cup of shredded Veggie Colby Monterrey Jack Cheese

3 to 4 tbsp of Mild Pic ante' Sauce

Dash of Sea Salt

Dash of Coarse Ground Black Pepper

1 tsp of fresh finely chopped Cilantro (Optional)

Sauté the tofu in 1 tbsp on low fat margarine or fat free cooking spray. While sautéing the tofu chop it up coarsely with your spatula to resemble scrambled eggs. Add the tomato, onion, jalapeño pepper and mushroom after the tofu is chopped. After 5 minutes add the cilantro and continue to sauté on medium heat for 5 more minutes. While the mixture is sautéing heat the tortillas by microwave or oven or skillet just enough to make them soft and moist. After 10 minutes of sautéing salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat. Take 2-3 tbsp of the mixture and spread it lengthwise at one end of the tortilla. Add a liberal amount of cheese and a tbsp of the pic ante sauce. Fold the filling side over into the tortilla. Fold the top and the bottom of the tortilla over to avoid spillage. Continue to roll into a burrito. There you have it. There can be variation to suit ones taste, such as: for milder burritos substitute green peppers for the jalapeño peppers. Black olives can but added in place of mushrooms. To stay strictly vegan use tortillas made with vegetable shortening, no eggs and no milk. This will also reduce the fat of the burrito and eliminate cholesterol from the burritos. Each burrito has contains 4 to 6 grams of fat and no cholesterol.

Bon Appetite....

That was delicious Brotha Radical. Mind you, I used guacamoli instead of picante sauce. But I really thank you for educating me to the fact that there is such a thing as vegetarian cheese and that tofu can be used like eggs. The world is a better place for this.

Peace

river said:
That was delicious Brotha Radical. Mind you, I used guacamoli instead of picante sauce. But I really thank you for educating me to the fact that there is such a thing as vegetarian cheese and that tofu can be used like eggs. The world is a better place for this.

Peace

I'm glad you enjoyed my little recipe. I like guac as well(good source of potassium). I have challenged myself to come up with new recipes that replace my favorite foods with healthier non-meat substitutes. I'll share some more later.....

Peace.......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back