Sep 27, 2005
Occupation
Employed
You are still tops in my book...!

Fine :blowkiss:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cincinnati Enquirer
Tuesday; March 28, 2006

Patti LaBelle struggled through a weekend show after taking the stage at midnight, at one point sitting down and crying.

"I've never been this embarrassed in my life." LaBelle told the crowd Saturday at the Rivera Beach (Fl) Jazz and Blues Festival.

"It's the worst show I've ever done in my life."

As temperatures dipped into the low 50s, LaBelle explained that she's is nearly 62, has diabetes and a heart murmur-and the cold weather wasn't agreeing with her.

The R&B singer tried to belt out a few notes, then told fans that she understood if they walked out on her. A steady stream of people left the show during her 45 minutes onstage, after having waited hours through opening acts.

LaBelle struggled through "Lady Marmalade" with assistance from a few in the crowd, sang some gospel songs and "On My Own" before retreating.

Fine1952 said:
You are still tops in my book...!

Fine :blowkiss:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cincinnati Enquirer
Tuesday; March 28, 2006

Patti LaBelle struggled through a weekend show after taking the stage at midnight, at one point sitting down and crying.

"I've never been this embarrassed in my life." LaBelle told the crowd Saturday at the Rivera Beach (Fl) Jazz and Blues Festival.

"It's the worst show I've ever done in my life."

As temperatures dipped into the low 50s, LaBelle explained that she's is nearly 62, has diabetes and a heart murmur-and the cold weather wasn't agreeing with her.

The R&B singer tried to belt out a few notes, then told fans that she understood if they walked out on her. A steady stream of people left the show during her 45 minutes onstage, after having waited hours through opening acts.

LaBelle struggled through "Lady Marmalade" with assistance from a few in the crowd, sang some gospel songs and "On My Own" before retreating.

Wow, folk actually walked out on a legend, huh??? ****, no respect!

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Back