Black People : Obsolete Black Web Sites

Phenomenal_Rose

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 19, 2006
I was reading in one of the threads that there are so many black web sites that are disappearing. I went to one of the sites swagga.com and found that it had not been updated since May 2005. I emailed the owner/web master and he/she quickly emailed me back saying that he/she would have it updated by the end of the summer.

I feel that another way to keep these sites alive, including this one, is to reach out to those who are promoting black awareness through the web and offer help, advise or anything else that may keep those sites alive.

Had I not went to that site I would have just assumed, based on a post here, that the site was no more.:thinking:

Phenomenal_Rose said:
I was reading in one of the threads that there are so many black web sites that are disappearing. I went to one of the sites swagga.com and found that it had not been updated since May 2005. I emailed the owner/web master and he/she quickly emailed me back saying that he/she would have it updated by the end of the summer.

I feel that another way to keep these sites alive, including this one, is to reach out to those who are promoting black awareness through the web and offer help, advise or anything else that may keep those sites alive.

Had I not went to that site I would have just assumed, based on a post here, that the site was no more.:thinking:

Phenomenal Rose ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

I don't know what thread you're referencing, in regard to Swagga.com being down, but i did start this thread some time ago ... Black Web Sites That Have Died. Swagga.com was mentioned in it, but when i posted about it, it was up. I don't believe i've been back there since that time, but i'll surely be going again soon, now that you've mentioned it. I encourage you all to do the same ... www.swagga.com.

We've been here since 1997, and i really find it surprising that we've stayed alive for almost 10 years. It's not easy to do, at least, it hasn't been for us. I've seen lots of Black web sites leave the net, and it's been very disheartening.

As a result of us growing so much, i really don't have time to get out like i use to, visiting other sites. It would be nice to know that the tide has turned, and the majority of Black web sites are in fact thriving out here. There's surely enough of us to make that happen.

Thanks for sharing, and please make yourself at home, because you are.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
We've been here since 1997, and i really find it surprising that we've stayed alive for almost 10 years. It's not easy to do, at least, it hasn't been for us. I've seen lots of Black web sites leave the net, and it's been very disheartening.

Destee
While there are many great Brothers and Sisters who contribute to making this site so great, I think it's superb for you to have had the foresight and fortitude to create it in the first place. Particularly with no white contributors to make the load less strenuous. I think it speaks volumes as to your character. I appreciate you, Sis.
If there is a thread here elaborating on how/why the site was started, I would love to peruse it.

Sefirot said:
While there are many great Brothers and Sisters who contribute to making this site so great, I think it's superb for you to have had the foresight and fortitude to create it in the first place. Particularly with no white contributors to make the load less strenuous. I think it speaks volumes as to your character. I appreciate you, Sis.
If there is a thread here elaborating on how/why the site was started, I would love to peruse it.

Brother Sefirot ... yes, i often say, this could never be done by one person alone. It is truly a community effort, requiring the help of all that are here. Such a blessing.

Several Members have asked me, how did i get started, and it's way past time for it to be available for folk to read ... so ... here it is Brother Sefirot.

How Destee Got Started

I hope you enjoy reading! :)

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back