Black Parenting : Homebirth

Sister Bootzey ... i had both my children in a hospital, so I have no first hand experience to share with you on homebirthing, but i know someone must ... QQ

Looking back on it now, i can't imagine not having all available drugs at my disposal during such a painful experience ... :eeek: ... :injured:

I have a very low tolerance for pain, and ... well ... big ups to those who can do it at home! :toast:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I think it comes down to culture and the knowledge that's passed from one generation to the next. Now I'm not dismissing some of the problems mothers have or may have which make them much more comfortable with choosing a western hospital for this process, but I have to think that if more women were armed with what their great great great...granny and grandpa knew about such things and health in general, most would skip the needles and tubes. It might sound weird, but there's something to be said for things of that nature happening in the home. I can't really express it, but just imagine how different it is to be married in a family member's home and for your child to be born in your home rather than these things being events involving an industry. And remember, at one time this was common.

I know a mid-wife who help with such birth and from what she tells me , it's not a
very comfortable thing for women too go through and deal with.
how painful and how the room / things /cloth need to be stirlized / purified / clean air
so that the baby don't pull in any germs .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back