Black People : California's "Gray" Area

afrostotle

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 17, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Occupation
My occupation is whatever I do that requires focus
Greetings to the entire Family,

I was wondering; Out of all the black folks that live in California, why are we not trying to get in on the election? I am truly ignorant to the current political state of affairs on the "Left Coast".
I guess Pete Wilson and his attack on Affirmative Action took the wind out me. So If there is a Sista or Brotha out there whom can shed some light on the subject, and help me understand what this potential recall means for Blacks in that state I would be humbly appreciative.

Peace, Power, and Prosperity to All

hmmm...

My brotha the recall dont mean **** for blacks in CA.

As far as affirmative action goes...The campaign to remove affirmative action in CA is currently being run by a brotha, whose name slips my mind at this moment. It is the position of many in the African-American community, that they would rather plough through JC for 2 years, and tough it out to an Ivy league school, than to let some, clandestine prejudice white politician, give an academic pity pass to lessen his/her own guilt of not caring b4 someone even got that far into the school system.

They havent removed it completely. Now the current "affirmative action" is one where they look at household income rather than race. It was the argument of many facist white politicians and lobbyists FOR affirmative action that "colored californians" (their terms not mine) NEEDED affirmative action to get into school because quote "they do not have enough academic backing to do it on their own". Though that is not the problem...as you and I know...there are plenty intelligent brothas and sistas out there. The system has managed to keep the dollars out of there pockets so...

they assumed that measuring brothas & sistas up with others academically was useless because they werent up to par...grrrrrrr:mad: though they failed to include how our schools were given less money but had a LOT taken away...and yet...still we rise...
now...they are forced to see that we can be eye to eye and then some when it comes to academics...then based on household income the state is forced to award to those academically capable. Its easier for them if they use race...then they can write it off as an "I-care-for-you" BS to the unaware

our frequently ignored intelligence...then gets its due AND we get their money and flip the switch and use that position and power to stick them in the butt LOL at least thats my plan LOL :)

But the recall does NOTHING for us...republicans in CA care less then anyone, about EVERYONE...the recall takes MORE money from us and less from fat cats jus to put the recall in motion and yet no one seems to give a crap...

sorry to get so long-winded...i know u were askin about the recall but d@mn it jus had to come out LOL

Go head on then! Let it rain! That's the beauty of intellect, we start with one subject, and end on another, but see that's because all of "OUR" issues are connected by a common denominator; and that is RACE.

The Irony is that we didn't make it that way, but when it comes back to bite the "Shitstem" (Peter Tosh) in the butt, they act like we are the one's hung up on it. Moreover, we were singled out for extinction because of the color of our skin, so why not be allowed to survive and thrive because of it?

The hipocracy is long past its much needed demise! I agree with you on the fact that AA is nothing more than the Gov't disemboweling and decapitating us, then trying to stop the bleeding with a band-aid. When they know damned well we need
to be able to apply our own medicine. I think AA was a clever smoke screen, in the sense that it allows the "man" to keep control over what and how we achieve as a race.

As far as education goes: Maaaan! How ludicris is the assertion that our inability to get into the Top of the food chain of higher education, is an academic problem? Maybe if the playing feilds were level in all aspects of society we wouldn't need "a hook up" to get in. The funny thing is How do they account for the fact that many of the black kids around my way(myself included graduate with honors amidst sub-standard conditions such as "ragedy-assed book sharing, teaching inadequecies, and other obstacles that we overcome, only to get treated like a fourth class citizen when trying to get into college, or the business sectors of society?

Here at my school, which is predominately white, every time I would get asked"are you on the hoops squad", I would get mad.
My cure was to hit em up with brain pwer, and literally "kick their *** in class discussions, debates, quizes, tests, politics and any other arena they step into. I don't have to take every thing as a challenge for my sake, I NEED to! because that's what keeps THEM on their toes.

Anytime you want to vent, Hit me up!!

Peace Power and Prosperity

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back