Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Excerpt from Pastor Jon Courson's "A Day's Journey"
http://www.joncourson.com/home/dailydevotional.asp

"Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers as Barnabas and Simeon that was called Niger and Lucius of Cyrene and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch and Saul."
Acts 13:1

The word ‘Saul’ means ‘Requested One’ — even as King Saul was requested by the people (I Samuel 8:6). What does ‘Paul’ mean? ‘Little’. You see, something happened in Paul’s life when he was converted to Christ. No longer did he identify himself as Saul, the Requested One, the Man in Demand. No, he said, ‘Call me Little.’ In the early part of his ministry, Paul said, ‘I am the least of the apostles,’ (I Corinthians 15:9). In the middle of his ministry, he said, ‘I am less than the least of all saints,’ (Ephesians 3:8). At the end of his life, he said, ‘I am the chief of sinners,’ (I Timothy 1: 15). I find it interesting that the longer Paul walked with the Lord, the more he realized how far he was from Him. That’s always the way it is. The Pharisee, praying on the street corner said, ‘God, I thank thee, I am not as other men,’ while the true convert beat his breast and said, ‘God be merciful to me a sinner,’ (Luke 18:11-13). If you feel less than adequate for the challenge before you, for the day facing you, rejoice. You’re in good company and in the perfect position for the Lord to do something wonderful in and through you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back