All I Ask For Is Consistancy

Dual Karnayn

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 5, 2005
We may not agree on religion, politics, and what should or shouldn't be accepted in our culture as Black people here in America.
Nor do we know who the person is on the other side of the screen or what their motives are in most cases.

Some are legitimate Black men and women with the aim of connecting and building...strengthening our community.
Others are agents and trouble-makers with the aim of disrupting and destroying our community.
This is true and understood.

Alfred Hitchock said Howevah,
there are some things we can ALL agree on, and that's when a poster is in clear violation of the rules and policies of this site.

I think EVERYONE should be held to the same rules and standards of this site at ALL TIMES...no exceptions.

I'm not asking that members get banned for violations....that's totally up to the management/moderating team. But I think that from now on ANYONE and EVERYONE who clearly violates a rule should get a reprimand from a moderator right then and there.

Don't just pop in....see your boy make a foul statement....then ignore it moving on to more important issues.
No, CHECK HIM/HER right there on the spot if nothing but just a note to them that they're in volation.

Don't "overlook" somebodies violation because you like them or think they're down for the cause, but follow another poster around nit-picking becauase you're suspicious of his motives or don't like his religion.

Be CONSISTANT and don't let your emotions get in the way.

Personal attacks....attacks on an individual poster...SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED from anyone toward anyone.

Now, I'm suppose that since I started this thread MY behavior will be closely monitored for violations to see if I practice what I preach....and I welcome it.

You will see that regardless of how strong and opinionated my posts, I will NOT attack an individual...UNLESS...they attack me and the moderation team who had ample time to step in and check that individual fails to do so.

Then I will RESPECTFULLY defend myself as God has given every human being the right to do.

But I shouldn't have to worry about that because I trust that the rules will be enforced evenly and across the board.

Akilah said:
Is it alright if I ask why Brutha Dual was banned...and get an answer ?
If not, I understand...

Thanks !

Sister Akilah ... ask whatever you'd like, and always i'll give the best answer i can.

Brother Dual had been banned once, which means he had done lots prior to that banning, to reach that point. The resources required to moderate him, were exhaustive, considering we have to have energies for all Members, and not just him. He was taking much more than his share.

Even after being banned, i let him come back, because i genuinely enjoyed him ... when i wasn't having to fuss at him, which was rare but wonderful. I was hoping he would have recognized that the same behaviour would not be acceptable, but he didn't. He was doing the very same things. Bringing more disruption than peace. Saying sly, ugly things to Members, totally unwarranted.

It's ironic that Brother Dual would start this thread asking for consistency, and that i don't overlook anyone's violations. If we did what he's suggesting, he would never have been here to post this thread, as he would have remained banned forever, and / or he would have been gone long before he was actually banned, either time. The very things he requested above, is what had allowed him to remain here, extra patience and consideration.

No matter how much i may want a Member to remain with us, it's not fair to the rest of the community, for me to allow them to be so disruptive to our peace. I did everything i could to keep him with us. No one Member, can be allowed to repeatedly break our peace, including me.

You can do a search on his name, view all of his posts, under both names. You'll find that Brother Dual was often in the middle of disruptions, and many times i was there too, trying to gently guide him in the way we live here. He wasn't willing to take heed to any of that. It was his own choices, not mine, that banned him.

Sister Akilah ... i hope this helps, if not, let me know.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back