Black People : What Cultural Rituals do black people need to create? (brainstorming session)

Brother skuder, where is this quote from and what is it in response to?

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...rainstorming-session.69532/page-2#post-715537

I took you out because I wanted to just lay out these ideas again without appearing to be pressuring you in any way.. I been thinking about this again... about designing a culture from the ground up.. language.. land.. everything.. a theoretical thing.. this thread is in that same vein.. my linguistic studies have me thinking about land and culture a bit more..

"I agree.. I'm thinking around the significance of the change of seasons.. Winter Solstice.. 1st day of Spring, etc.. I think we need to reconnect with something not man-made.. and also I'm thinking about what lessons specific to African american history need to codified through rituals?.. and also institutions..? how do we pass the torch.. and how do we maintain continuity between generations.. on all levels.. Family level.. Cultural Institution level (schools, rec centers, churches, etc).. government instituional level (where possible).. etc.. its really a big set of questions.."

I am glad this thread was brought back up. I decided awhile back to cease posting new threads and to just focus on contributing here in a more selective manner while using my own blog sites for authoring or sharing more comprehensive text. I have also begun to narrow the focus of my present research to more extensive focus on my family roots from Louisiana, which involves a closer examination of slave records as well as records involving the free black populations of early Louisiana, and their places of origination. This explains my most recent thread where I focused on the slave rebellion of 1811. I want to spiritually resurrect my elders and ancestral spirits who physically resisted the system of slavery and gave their lives doing so, and incorporate them as "saints" within my own calendar system which I shared a draft version of in another thread. This is why I am presently going through volumes of Louisiana slave records. I am adding to the demographic data that I have collected. In doing so I came across an article which mentioned a time period when it was estimated that over 3,000 free Africans migrated to Louisiana in the aftermath of the Haitian revolution....from Cuba.

I am also finding records of Africans who migrated to the Caribbean directly from Europe as well as free blacks who migrated to Louisiana and at some point were imprisoned or pressed into military service.

I am working on developing a ritual system that will recognize and evoke these ancestors but I can not give more detail openly at this time.

I am digging deep into my roots from the Congo.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...rainstorming-session.69532/page-2#post-715537

I took you out because I wanted to just lay out these ideas again without appearing to be pressuring you in any way.. I been thinking about this again... about designing a culture from the ground up.. language.. land.. everything.. a theoretical thing.. this thread is in that same vein.. my linguistic studies have me thinking about land and culture a bit more..

Oh wow...I thought your words were familiar. This is something, in light of my previous response, that I might best discuss with you in time via conversation rather than openly. I did not forget about this thread but my sctivity here is decreasing for several reasons, most of all due to increased demands on my time at work as well as a change in focus of my own studies.

I am glad this thread was brought back up. I decided awhile back to cease posting new threads and to just focus on contributing here in a more selective manner while using my own blog sites for authoring or sharing more comprehensive text. I have also begun to narrow the focus of my present research to more extensive focus on my family roots from Louisiana, which involves a closer examination of slave records as well as records involving the free black populations of early Louisiana, and their places of origination. This explains my most recent thread where I focused on the slave rebellion of 1811. I want to spiritually resurrect my elders and ancestral spirits who physically resisted the system of slavery and gave their lives doing so, and incorporate them as "saints" within my own calendar system which I shared a draft version of in another thread. This is why I am presently going through volumes of Louisiana slave records. I am adding to the demographic data that I have collected. In doing so I came across an article which mentioned a time period when it was estimated that over 3,000 free Africans migrated to Louisiana in the aftermath of the Haitian revolution....from Cuba.

I am also finding records of Africans who migrated to the Caribbean directly from Europe as well as free blacks who migrated to Louisiana and at some point were imprisoned or pressed into military service.

I am working on developing a ritual system that will recognize and evoke these ancestors but I can not give more detail openly at this time.

I am digging deep into my roots from the Congo.

Peace Omowalejabali,

man thats a beautiful set of ideas.. really really beautiful.. the actual connection of ourselves to our ancestors.. of honoring them.. the actual ritualization of ideas that benefit your own people!

My family tree also comes through the Louisiana.. I got as far back as my Grandmother's Grandmother, "Hasti" who they say lived under slavery. "Hasti" is all I have to go on. Thanks for sharing this with us.. you might want to document this whole journey and put it out as a book.. this is something every African family in America should be doing.. It's a way to connect to who we are and to put "history" in a personal context. WWII happened.. but how did it happen for your family? where is your personal connection to the things that have happened in this country.. in this world.. I think this is a really really important thing you're doing. I got you on the blog thing too.. I'm leaning the same direction..

Peace Omowalejabali,

man thats a beautiful set of ideas.. really really beautiful.. the actual connection of ourselves to our ancestors.. of honoring them.. the actual ritualization of ideas that benefit your own people!

My family tree also comes through the Louisiana.. I got as far back as my Grandmother's Grandmother, "Hasti" who they say lived under slavery. "Hasti" is all I have to go on. Thanks for sharing this with us.. you might want to document this whole journey and put it out as a book.. this is something every African family in America should be doing.. It's a way to connect to who we are and to put "history" in a personal context. WWII happened.. but how did it happen for your family? where is your personal connection to the things that have happened in this country.. in this world.. I think this is a really really important thing you're doing. I got you on the blog thing too.. I'm leaning the same direction..

Yeah my brother skuder. I am always expanding on my genealogy/e book format but I just might try to release a paperback focusing on my findings. I am taking what for many would be a hard approach. Taking that slave trader in my family tree and really getting to know that snake and how his venom defiled my bloodlines. Tracing each and every African that he bought, sold and traded that I can find on record. I then plan on writing abstracts on as many of the Ancestors that I can, creating a narrative on each individual or family that I can, and connecting them to their roots and, where possible, their progeny. "the Narrative of the forgotten ancestors".

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back