Black Women : METOO

Do We Respond Differently To Sexual Assault When Black Men Are Accused?

In the wake of women coming forward to accuse Hollywood juggernaut Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault, more victims of sexual misconduct have felt empowered to come forward, fighting against a society steeped in volatile victim shaming with more protections for the accuser than the perpetrator.

Last week, signs accusing students of rape were put up throughout the campuses of Spelman College, Morehouse College, and Clark Atlanta University, bringing the current national conversation on sexual assault to the doorstep of these historically Black colleges and universities. The signs, which went up Wednesday, also accused the administrations of each school, which make up the Atlanta University Center Consortium, of covering up sexual assaults.

On this week's episode of ESSENCE Now, Tarana Burke, creator of the Me Too campaign, The Root editor Danielle Young and ESSENCE's News and Culture Editor, Christina Coleman, discuss sexual assault in the Black community and how we respond to it.

Sexual Assault Black Community | Essence.com
https://www.essence.com/news/sexual-assault-me-too-black-community - 230k - Cached - Similar pages

Russell Simmons Repurposes #MeToo With #NotMe to Defend Against Rape Accusations,

Earlier:
On the heels of being accused of sexually assaulting 10 different women over the last two decades, and as recently as 2014, Russell “Yogi” Simmons has seemingly repurposed the #MeToo movement to defend himself against the allegations. Allow me to introduce you to: #NotMe.

Now, you might be thinking to yourself, “Wow, he’s trash.” Well, you’d be thinking correctly. In an Instagram soliloquy, Simmons even stated that he wasn’t purposely trying to go against the #MeToo movement because, you know, he respects women, but he feels he needs to defend himself against these allegedly false accusations.

Russell Simmons Repurposes #MeToo With #NotMe to Defend ...

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/russell-simmons-repurposes-metoo-for-notme-to-defend-1821295647 - 192k - Cached - Similar pages

3 days ago ... On the heels of being accused of sexual assaulting 10 different women over the last two decades, and as recent as 2014, Russell 'Yogi' Simmons has seemingly repurposed the #MeToo movement to defend himself against the allegations. Allow me to introduce you to: #NotMe. Sure, you may be thinking to ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back