Black Women : When #MeToo excludes me: current movement mutes black women’s voices

What is Sexual Harassment?

What is the Law on Sexual Harassment?

Sexual harassment is considered to be a form of sex discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which applies to all U.S. employers with 15 or more employees (some state laws may provide additional worker protections). Anyone affected by the offensive conduct in question, not just the person to whom it is directed, may be a victim. The EEOC defines the offense as follows:

"Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment."

1. What is Sexual Harassment? - Employment Law - FindLaw
    http://employment.findlaw.com/employment-discrimination/sexual-harassment-what-is-it.html - 49k - Cached - Similar pages
    In other words, how do we define sexual harassment and -- more to the point -- how do the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the courts review a sexual harassment claim? What is the Law on Sexual Harassment? Sexual harassment is considered to be a form of sex discrimination under Title VII of ...

2. Sexual Harassment: Legal Definitions of Sexual Harassment
    https://hr-guide.com/data/A07203.htm - 18k - Cached - Similar pages
    Sexual harassment is a legal term, created for the purpose of ending harassment and discrimination against women in the workplace. The term is constantly being redefined and extended in legislation and court decisions. However, not all sexual behavior in the workplace is harassment, and the laws against sexual ...

I can agree with this post from twitter:
  • Rasta-I-man
    Anne Branigin
    1/26/18 5:17pm

The elephant in the room in this heightened atmosphere around sexual harassment is the people who have benefited by going along with trading sexual favors for advancement. For instance while we correctly highlighted the actresses that were blacklisted or had their careers threatened no one has of yet shined the spotlight on the women who acquiesced. As anyone asked those women if they had a problem going along with say a Harvey Weinstein and how much did it benefit them?

• The unstated truth about sexual harassment is that not all “victims” feel victimized and some may feel that exchanging sexual favors for career advancement is just using another aspect of their talent. As a man I will probably be attacked for expressing this view but its an opinion I have heard expressed by more than a few women I know and one who is an attorney who specializes in employment law. This view says a lot about how women of different races come to view sexual harassment in the workplace. For some white women there is benefit in the workplace to being objectified to a point.

As much as some people question victims of rape. I question women claiming sexual harassment.
Here is why. First off harassment sounds like a fight is about to break out. Yes, I relate harassment to fighting.

This could be because my own story is being forced by violence to be raped. And my second story involves being kidnapped, rope around neck.
I thank God for opening a door for my excape.

I have never been sexually harassed and have always worked with males, Black and white.

If a male was to touch me, my first reaction would be to hurt him physically. A kick to the balls, a jab in the stomach. I don’t think I would quite my job. If I’m fired, then I would sue.

Have women been trained not to fight back. That’s ridiculous.
Fight for your right to be a woman.

I did have one man, not an employee, grabs my arm in anger.
I reported the incident to police, in case any thing else happened. The next day I was prepared to slice any hand that touched me. I was a single parent, I had to defend myself. He never came back while I was there.

Within a week of my reporting the incident to the police. all the females employees came to my office. They wanted to know why I reported Tyron to the police. I told them because he put his hands on me. That is all I intended to say.
I wasn’t aware that if you report a person to the police the person gets a letter of the report.
He told everybody I called the police on him. IDC.
These women, who I had on ignore, insisted Tyron was one of the good ones. crickets. crickets. I was over them and him

70D47029-0EDA-422F-9BC9-9629797023B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back