Black People : What Cultural Rituals do black people need to create? (brainstorming session)

ok.. that's the need.. but how to translate that need into a cultural ritual is the question. What kind of event would you create to communicate this refocus on property?

skuderjaymes,

I hear you ... truly I do! And I applaud your unyielding desire to keep us focused & on topic!

:thinking:

Yet ... when reading your OP & subsequent thread-postings, I'm somewhat constrained by a religious saying that I'm sure you've heard. "Is there any "new" thing under the Son?" ... Answer: Nope!

Meaning, what "new" thing/ritual could we possibly come up with, that hasn't been tried in some strain before?

Would we "not" be spinning our wheels unto infinitum, trying to come up with the next "new" thing ... or ... would our time be better spent doing a historical recur on what worked for us, why & how best to keep it perpetual - breathe new-life into it - make "it" live (for us now & going forward)?

Applauding your thread my friend ... just giving you thoughtful comment.:)

Here's another ... recur on our history.

As was addressed severally by previous poster(s), when our Peoples choose to spend our $$$'s within our own communities (as in, with ONLY our Peoples). We begin to control our economic present & future!

A short time ago within our own history in this country, our Peoples were legally FORCED into the above ... aka Jim Crow.

What was the result?

Sweet Auburn!!!

Also known as Auburn Avenue, Atlanta GA, located within the 4th Ward of this metropolis. This looong street was one of the richest ($$$) streets - spanning several blocks, in the nation; with businesses solely owned & operated by "us"! Hailing such icons as:
  • Madame C.J. Walker (aka Sarah Breedlove)
  • Rev. Dr. William Holmes Borders (ever heard the phrase "I Am Somebody" (because I am HIS child!) well he's the author of the poem)
  • All them Kings: :)
    • Daddy King - Martin Luther King Sr., Freedom Fighter)
    • Momma King - Alberta Williams King (wife of Daddy King, mother of Rev. Martin Luther King Sr.), Freedom Fighter assassinated during a church service, in the Hreitage Sanctuary of The Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church, Atlanta GA.
    • Rev.. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. - Modern day Prophet, Nobel Peace Prize, Drum Major For Justice, Iconic Freedom Fighter)
    • Dr. Christine King Ferris - Sister of Prophet King, Educator (Spellman College, Atlanta GA), Freedom Fighter
There wasn't a need our People had (anywhere near that street & or ...) within THAT city, that our own Peoples could not meet ... THERE!

In no way am I lifting up 'ole Jim Crow! To the contrary, I'm lifting up the brilliant unwavering "Audacity of Hope" held squarely within us!

Our ANSWER, our HOPE ... has never been far from us! But if all we do is seek answers by looking forward w/o wisdom ... we'll liken ourselves to tiny mice feverishly runnin' 'round a cyclical wheel ... warn out, gettin' nowhere, tired, 'buked-scorned & hooongry!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back