Black Spirituality Religion : To all Spiritual, Religious, and Philosophical Beings ...

Lokman

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 10, 2006
Q. Have you ever conceded a major spiritual, religious, or theological point of view (to the opposition here) during or after a discussion in this forum?

Q. After witnessing or engaging in a discussion/debate in this forum, has anyone here ever let go of their (deeply held) religious convictions or spiritual beliefs?

Q. Given the sometimes passionate, sometimes volatile, sometimes hostile conversation this topic generates, when sharing your findings and/or beliefs: what is your real aim or agenda?

SoulFood for The Heart,

Lokman

i have had some change of heart.
i was a strict atheist and now i am willing to deal with the spiritual plane some what.
i don't have an agenda, in fact, i have been finding it all a bit boring.
as you say, nobody listens to anyone else. there is too much sound and fury meaning nothing.
endless arguments over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.
no one has any humor. everyone knows it all yet nobody's rich.
i'm not feeling it these days.

Lokman said:
Q. Have you ever conceded a major spiritual, religious, or theological point of view (to the opposition here) during or after a discussion in this forum?

Q. After witnessing or engaging in a discussion/debate in this forum, has anyone here ever let go of their (deeply held) religious convictions or spiritual beliefs?

Q. Given the sometimes passionate, sometimes volatile, sometimes hostile conversation this topic generates, when sharing your findings and/or beliefs: what is your real aim or agenda?

SoulFood for The Heart,

Lokman

For one, I think the title of this thread needs to be changed for there are no "heavyweights" as you suggest. Furthermore, It may restrict input from others who do not percive themselves to be such.

In answering your questions:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I have no personal "agenda" but come to SHARE information and NETWORK with like-minded individuals. I try to BUILD with others as this is one of the objectives of the site.

This is not always possible for some people have a tendency to attack others simply for posting an internet link. If I do have a personal "agenda" it is increasing self-awareness and sharing information which may lead me into the direction of self-improvement.

In reference to your second question, an example would be some of my opinions regarding Astrology. After interacting with brother Aquil I changed my opinion regarding Astrology as a RELIGION. So, I can at least say that I have "changed" in some aspect from being here.

self created illusions...

When a person uses a system of growth so to speak a common error from my observation is the attempt to subjectively solidify (ie define) one stage over the other instead of seeing the dynamics as they relate to different people.

I have debated in these forums but will NOT anymore primarily because of the fact that this is for building and bartering data/info as well as advice and NOT a battleground for one fickle ideology against the other one,which,by the way,is one way conquerers can take you over,aka divide and conquer.So any debate,especially those that are over congregated information and not ones own travels as well as how to 'correctly' interpret the congregated data serve as antagonistic.I say just present the data and we shall read it as we see it from the outer voice to the 'inner voice.'

I am not a heavy weight and will never be one because like the terms "professional,master,etc" they are limiting in and of themselves because they hint at the notion that you cannot go past one point and learn more than the typical "master/professional"...

I was not raised under any religoin in particular so I consider myself much more fortunate....

The only agenda I have is to build with my people so that we may help the world in general but when those who create theological/ideological/spiritual illusions around themselves and criticize/critique those who adhere to a different system (even if that system is causing us harm in any sense and/or has done so )than they are being antagonistic in a sense...which is something I was once guilty of but have learned my lesson and will not be any more.

I-khan said:
When a person uses a system of growth so to speak a common error from my observation is the attempt to subjectively solidify (ie define) one stage over the other instead of seeing the dynamics as they relate to different people.

I have debated in these forums but will NOT anymore primarily because of the fact that this is for building and bartering data/info as well as advice and NOT a battleground for one fickle ideology against the other one,which,by the way,is one way conquerers can take you over,aka divide and conquer.So any debate,especially those that are over congregated information and not ones own travels as well as how to 'correctly' interpret the congregated data serve as antagonistic.I say just present the data and we shall read it as we see it from the outer voice to the 'inner voice.'

I am not a heavy weight and will never be one because like the terms "professional,master,etc" they are limiting in and of themselves because they hint at the notion that you cannot go past one point and learn more than the typical "master/professional"...

I was not raised under any religoin in particular so I consider myself much more fortunate....

The only agenda I have is to build with my people so that we may help the world in general but when those who create theological/ideological/spiritual illusions around themselves and criticize/critique those who adhere to a different system (even if that system is causing us harm in any sense and/or has done so )than they are being antagonistic in a sense...which is something I was once guilty of but have learned my lesson and will not be any more.

Such wisdom from our youth. I'm so impressed.

How does that scripture go ... "out of the mouth of babes" ... impressed and encouraged.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back