Black People : Segregation - Better off?

Do you believe that all races should be separate?

Would everyone be better off this way?

No.
I don't think that would eliminate our issues. Thinking and behaving collectively is much more important than just living in the same place. For example: buying black, banking black, hiring black, investing in each other, helping each other to raise and educate our children. These are things we could be doing right now, but aren't.

If our mindset hasn't changed, if we still have the same crabs-in-a-barrel mentality, then us living all up under each other isn't going to change anything. We would still find ways of dividing each other, either by skin color, or by class, lifestyle, religion, gender, etc...

Me personally, I don't particularly like living in areas with only one type or group of people. I prefer living in diverse areas, learning about other cultures and ways of thought. And in no way does that take anything away from the love I have for our people or the pride I have in myself.

No. Me personally, I don't particularly like living in areas with only one type or group of people. I prefer living in diverse areas, learning about other cultures and ways of thought. And in no way does that take anything away from the love I have for our people or the pride I have in myself.

I like diversity.... but I've seen how screwed diversity can be. The immigrants go and diverse up a white hood first, the black hoods don't get that diversified. I've never seen one Arab or Asian who owns a business in the hood live in the hood. I've never seen one Indian live in my hood.
The white folks can keep them. If they don't want to be around me, I am not interested in being around them.

I like living around my own peeps and when I go outside I like to see them.
I never got the pride that black folks expressed when they say 'I was the first black to move on the block! There was all white folks here, all my neighbors where white.'

Why is that an accomplishment?

oooh you moved into whitey's all white neighborhoods and gave it a little color. Darkened it up. You moved into folks neighborhoods who saw your face and sighed and said 'there goes the neighborhood, we're getting a buncha (n-words).' You're moving around folks who first thought you were the gardener before they thought you were the owner. You're moving around folks that can't wait to sell so they can move back into some other all-white enclaves.

And you're proud of this?

Now these folks are shakin their heads because the areas have become all black, lost value, and the neighborhoods have went down... designating it as a 'hood' instead of a neighborhood. Those who been around the neighborhoods since it was all white... think it was the blacks and their crime and their babies and their hoodlum kids and their welfare and their broke down cars and their dope selling and their single women/mothers with all types of men coming in and out of their houses who brought it down and now they miss the white folks.

Because everything was so much nicer when the white folks were around...... :qqb013::qqb019::qqb007:

Being in all-white places or areas gives me caucaphobia. Or caucasionobia.
Literally. If there isn't a word to describe a fear or uncomfortableness about being around all white folks, there should be one. I'm sure white folks probably got negrophobia.... maybe that's why they white flight their butts outta town when they see darkies darkening up their neighborhoods.

People don't understand all the interconnecting dynamics between white flight, middle class flight and neighborhoods losing values or becoming more dangerous when blacks in. It's a little more complicated than just crime-ridden-inner-city blacks trying to find a better place to live and bringing their so-called criminal element with them.

There is systematic redlining for one. Improper balance of revenue as white areas tend to the bulk of it for their neighborhoods and schools. De facto segregation still in effect. And that's only 3 off the top of my head of a more complex problem. But the blacks will still blame the blacks.

No. Unfortunately, "we" are not a united people, with slavery to blame and it has now become part of our nature. Light skinned, dark skinned, rich, poor, intelligent, ignorant, the list goes on. Instead of using our strength to help raise up the next one, we get ours and leave the rest behind. It would be nice to have black owned communities that we could opt in or out depending on preference, but I wouldn't want to be forced.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back