Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Metu Neter Book Discussion

jamesfrmphilly said:
shouldn't you read it first before you set up a discussion?
how would it work? logistically?

I'm not sure if this matériel is supposed to be "discussed", it ain't Oprah.

Most book discussions would discuss the book chapter by chapter, which is how I would think one could go about discussing this.

If the Bible, a religious work, is discussed, why can't this be? Or does that go against the philosphy? If it does then this is a moot issue.

But to answer your question, no, I haven't read it... I am ordering the book next week when I can deposit my money and will read it as soon as it's delivered to my door. If the book is that complex, I would like to be able to get help with the interpretations from those experienced with Kemetician theology WHILE I am reading it.

I also hope that maybe if people participated in such a discussion, that more could see that there is life beyond a religious mindset.

jamesfrmphilly said:
from what i am getting, the work is spiritual rather than religious.
i don't do religion and i barely tolerate spiritual.
i also think that kemetians are reluctant to share information.
some kind of secret society stuff.

i don't know why as i haven't read that far yet. :read:

Hmm... well, if not sharing the information is part of the philsophy then there cannot be a book discussion on it. Perhaps the intent in this would be to ensure that the person would use the information to embark on their own unique spiritual journey? If this is the reasoning, I guess I can understand that... but I don't know as I haven't read it yet either. Maybe the Kemeticians on the board can give more insight.

But anyway, and this is off the topic a little bit, but I think its commendable you are steping out of the comfort zone of your beliefs and exploring other religious paths. I would also say this to river too, who seems to be making an incredible spiritual transformation right before this community's eyes. The spirituality section of this board has encouraged a lot of growth, and is one of my favorite sections here on Destee.