Black Women : Ladies...How should our daughters protect themselves

Why thank you butterfly#1!
I first started out with their animal totem, getting them use to interacting and communicating with spirit on their own. My oldest daughter is 18 now and now she has a fae and unicorn that she owns. But these are basically spirits that I had binded into their jewerly, that they can take with them where ever they go.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome back VirgoMistress, good having you join us again. BTW, I'm the Dad of twin Virgo daughters, lol.

Peace In,

This needs to be moved to the Lady's Forum...

But I'll bite first...

You first need to teach your daughter self-control...verbally, mentally, spiritually and physically.

Put your daughter in a MMA class or self defense class...They teach a lot about self control and confidence...and how to protect yourself.

Tell her about the dangers out there...be real with her about it.

Give your daughter a pepper spray gun and show her how to properly use it..As she gets older she may need like a stun gun.

And the obvious not talking to strangers, run if someone strange tries to grab you, scream, kick, bite....

As far as Bullies at school...

Teach her how to pick and choose her battles...Is this worth arguing or fighting for?

And to be honest, I'm for teaching my child how to use a gun.

You have teach your child that it's okay to tell someone what's going on...

I try to instill trust and communication with my daughter so that way she is comfortable telling me when something is wrong and also other adults she trusts.

Teach her about consequences...

With the exception of gun thingey, fantastic advice!

since this thread was first presented in '11, things have gotten worst as far as our people, (young and old) being able to protect themselves. Other than staying in the confines of ones home (which isn't that safe either or the idea of packing. Are there other suggestions?

If you can't protect your child in your own home, the only suggestion is for you to get professional help. If your child is acting out, for those who disdain pastoral help, most jobs have EAP departments that can help. If your physical home is not safe, e.g., break-ins, get ADT. Activate child-safe features on your TV and computers in your home, and monitor them both. And no, you can't control their "friends" computers, but this about Safety INSIDE the Home, not out.

Outside the home, I echo MsInterpret's suggestions, minus putting guns in the hands of children with immature minds.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back