Black People : Interracial Relationships (IR) And Black Liberation. Is there a conflict of interest?

I also ask that Sister Destee remind all of the posters about her policies and practices...

And, 'Raptor', you're already broken two of her rules...

SMH...
Oh really,

Since you care enough to make that known, then
surely you don't mind spelling out exactly what they are,
that I have broken. If you gone go there, ...'chuck'..., go all the way.

Black men who argue the case to date interracially while claiming it isn't a conflict of interest are in denial. You would never hear an Asian man, white man, or any other man arguing over this kind of thing. They love their women, likewise the women love their men. Other people understand this to be the very foundation of their community and strength. The women or men would never openly disrespect each-other. The fact we do it shows underlying problems that shake the very foundation of the Black community. Don't you find it bizarre how the youth of today feel no way to kill and disrespect one another? Seeing your own people as strangers, even enemies. Interracial relationships will only perpetuate the problem, make it worse and eventually we won't be here and to me its that simple. Why do you think other people are so against you marrying their daughters??? A lot of the times it is a case of racism but sometimes they'd just rather you marry within your own group. Sometimes Its a cultural thing not because they are racist. What are you saying? Your culture isn't worth passing down? It isn't worth protecting? It will be a sad day if Black American/Diasporan numbers were to dwindle. That rich heritage, the obstacles we've overcome and people just feel no way but to throw it away.

All that being said, I think exceptions can be made because some things just can't be helped - I'm not going to say ''love'' because that just sounds disneyland/cliche to me. But if someone is strongly attracted to a person who just so happens not to be black then so be it. We have never really been racist like that to object but if its threatening the very foundation of your community then thats a whole different story. IRs happen in all cultures to an extent but one has to ask why it happens so frequent in the black community. This only suggests problems in the Black community not to mention others just view you as pathetic. Its also interesting to note Black Africans don't really have this complex though this may change if they become influenced by western culture.

So without a doubt - it is a conflict of interest - to me.

Sometimes Its a cultural thing not because they are racist. What are you saying? Your culture isn't worth passing down? It isn't worth protecting? It will be a sad day if Black American/Diasporan numbers were to dwindle. That rich heritage, the obstacles we've overcome and people just feel no way but to throw it away.

Zim,

The above is an interesting perspective.
You said a lot of good stuff, however the blue-
lighted remarks sparked my noodle.

I am going to think about how I'm gonna
formulate a topic of discussion, springboardinging
off of those brought up questions, assuming you
or whomever don't beat me to it.

HoTeP

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back