Black People : Interracial Relationships (IR) And Black Liberation. Is there a conflict of interest?

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
I heard it said, "How can you fight against the enemy when they are sharing the same bed as you?"

Is there a conflict of interest?

Can one be in an ir and still work unapologetically towards the liberation of black folks?

What about the non-black companion. Do you think they put themselves at risk?

...Thoughts?

I heard it said, "How can you fight against the enemy when they are sharing the same bed as you?"

Is there a conflict of interest?

Can one be an a ir and still work unapologetically towards the liberation of black folks?

...Thoughts?
Brother Raptor, this is a great thread, thanks!
My thoughts are that when a White woman is chosen, by a Black man to be his mate, and he is a fighter for the cause... this woman has ascribed to his way, beliefs and thoughts. That her love for him rules over all else. She sees, feels and wants what he does.
If she's doesn't, then the brother has been blinded, more than uneqully yoked and is no longer effective in the struggle anymore. Now I love to see Black with Black, but that wasn't the question. See, I believe love conquers all!!!

Ahhhh sheeeit....Here we go....:confused:
I feel you MsInterpret.

I will try to encourage participants to stay on subject matter.

This is not an indictment (or witchhunt) on those who choose to be in ir's.

We are clear that what we want to discuss are the prospects for conflict (or no), of such a relationship in regards to 'the liberation'.

We do not want to get into all the "yt devil" talk.

Brother Raptor, this is a great thread, thanks!
My thoughts are that when a White woman is chosen, by a Black man to be his mate, and he is a fighter for the cause... this woman has ascribed to his way, beliefs and thoughts. That her love for him rules over all else. She sees, feels and wants what he does.
If she's doesn't, then the brother has been blinded, more than uneqully yoked and is no longer effective in the struggle anymore. Now I love to see Black with Black, but that wasn't the question. See, I believe love conquers all!!!

Iono Butterfly. Do you know of any examples of where the white is on the same page as their "problk" spouse.
I just don't believe there's a white person in the world that is so in love w/ a black person that he/she will help them destroy their white privilege.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back