When you burn me once, you receive
pure, unbreakable ice...
Can it be melted?
This remains to be seen.
Breathing,
pure strands of Artic coldness from
my mouth.
My whispers freeze in midair.
My thoughts move like sluggard glacial mountains.
I exist without existing,
imprisoned in the cold;
my heart wrapped deeply in ICE.

TEARS...

They run down my face,
slowly eroding little ditches in my
face.
Last night I slept with sorrow.
He wrapped me in his arms
and blew more tears in my eyes as I slept.
My desire to escape him ebbed lower as the night
past.
With saltiness and the
dried parch feeling
I emerge a desolate landscape
painted by Dali.
Priceless and with tears falling
draining me of all color.
They fall
silently they crawl down my face;
etching pathways of deep despair and my
face resembles a ravaged valley;
broken and without life.
My skin is dry and pale
and beneath the surface an
underground storm system
rages.
Willpower
becomes past tense and more
tears to my eyes.
The tears continue to drip
leaving my face cold and dry.
My Tears fall quickly and freeze.
I have become ICE AND TEARS.

~Copyright
The Year of the Monkey (2004)
The 93rd year, 4th month, 28day
"Lady Yang's Dragon" Publishing
~*PropheticNsyght

"The world will admire me. Perhaps I'll be despised and misunderstood, but I'll be a great genius, I'm certain of it." Salvador Felipe Jacinto Dalí

Being an artist, when you mentioned Dali…my excitement along with the brilliance of this piece leapt…

Ice and Tears…

Last night I slept with sorrow.
He wrapped me in his arms
and blew more tears in my eyes as I slept.
My desire to escape him ebbed lower as the night
past.
With saltiness and the
dried parch feeling
I emerge a desolate landscape
painted by Dali.
Priceless and with tears falling
draining me of all color.
They fall
silently they crawl down my face;
etching pathways of deep despair and my
face resembles a ravaged valley;
broken and without life.
My skin is dry and pale
and beneath the surface an
underground storm system
rages.
Through this passage…you just kept pulling me in deeper, it reminded me of the poet Pablo Neruda’s style…the building and pulling deeper into the experience through the imagery and emotion….Your skills were just “Miraculous” on this particular piece… I know I keep writing novels to you…but when I read something I really like…I can’t help it….*sigh, shrugging shoulders* :look: let me just get this over with…lol

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown:

Hey ma,

Know that i don't ever have any problem with you writing 'novels' on here. I admire and look forward to your notes with much joy!!! I love checking back just to see what you've written. I have become your biggest fan and I can tell you that as a black man, you continue to inspire me more and more. Thank you so much Angelic. God Bless you my darling. I appreciate your love and I would love to write with you. I know i've said this before but I will be getting with you real soon. If you'll have me that is. :lips:
Thank you once again and God bless.

PropheticNsyght said:
Hey ma,

Know that i don't ever have any problem with you writing 'novels' on here. I admire and look forward to your notes with much joy!!! I love checking back just to see what you've written. I have become your biggest fan and I can tell you that as a black man, you continue to inspire me more and more. Thank you so much Angelic. God Bless you my darling. I appreciate your love and I would love to write with you. I know i've said this before but I will be getting with you real soon. If you'll have me that is. :lips:
Thank you once again and God bless.

I don't know if you believe in poetic polygamy or not, but ifen you do, after Angelic, can you and I have a go at, seeing that you is a brotha and all. I was kind of nervous to ask, seeing that your lines are so very strong. I might faint in the midst of your writings. Loved this poem by the way. WoW is all I can say bout you today. Maybe I will come up with some better words on another day. Please forgive me.

~J ...waiting in line.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back