Black Spirituality Religion : First Slave Ship Was Named Jesus!

That is interesting. Being a learned Christian, I would expect you to be more up to date on the afterlife prospects of non-Christians who never had the oportunity to learn of Christianity. There is scripture on point. Do you know what it is?

oceolo said:
Basically that would be a choice of being either a non christian and living about 70 to 80 years of a pretty decent life then being thrown into hellfire and being dead for all of eternity or being a christian and living 70 to 80 years of life as a slave then going to heaven to live with God for all of eternity
I'm glad I dont have to make that choice but I would choose the latter because Jesus suffered and his followers sometimes have to suffer as well because of their faith in him.

This is just like choosing between taking a bullet for your child or letting your child get hit by a bullet . Either way something bad is going to happen you have to decide which is worse

It is true that the Bible speaks of only one 'Christ', however, you must know the etymology of that word to really understand the meaning. 'Christ' is an anglicization of the Greek 'Krystos', which is a translation of the Hebrew 'Messiah'. The Hebrew word 'Messiah', meaning 'saviour', has no connotation of divinity, but rather was understood to mean a human leader who would restore the Jewish monarchy, drive out the Roman invaders, set up an independent Jewish state and inaugurate an era of peace and prosperity (known as the 'Kingdom of God') for the whole world. Although the Bible on mentions Jesus as Christ, a cursory study of history reveals that there were several Jewish rebel movements led by people who claimed to be the messiah. They were not stomped out by the Jewish clergy for blasphemy (as Jesus allegedly was), they were stomped by the Romans for inciting rebellion against Rome.
oceolo said:
The bible speaks of only one Christ and that is Jesus.

I know some people keep an image of a white Jesus but this is just a made up image made by a white person who wanted Jesus to look like him. What Jesus looked like wasnt important anyway whats important is his message.

Destee said:
Brother Oceolo ... that was my point, to share this with others that did not know.

Brother ... we're not just talking "a slave ship" ... we're talking THE FIRST SLAVE SHIP! That is significant to me. As was said in one of the quotes i provided ... a ship called "Jesus" was the point of first contact between peoples of African descent and the English model of Christianity.

peace..

lt doesn't matter if it was the first, middle or last slave ship, it should've been called "Hawkins", right? A ship called "Jesus" may (or may not) have been the point of first contact between peoples of African descent and the English model of Christianity but since Jesus was of African descent , the point of first contact that our people should have with Jesus should be in image and likeness.

j'hiah said:
peace..

lt doesn't matter if it was the first, middle or last slave ship, it should've been called "Hawkins", right? A ship called "Jesus" may (or may not) have been the point of first contact between peoples of African descent and the English model of Christianity but since Jesus was of African descent , the point of first contact that our people should have with Jesus should be in image and likeness.

- I don't know if you have read this whole conversation brother, but it seems you are also missing the point...............

Do you mean we should be in the image and likeness of a ship??

It seems that when the name or TITLE JESUS is mentioned, Christians are always trying to defend even when the subject is non-religious...

This is a very important historical fact that all blacks/Afrikans need to be aware of and dealt with IN ALL HONESTY. How can we/you teach others of the faith & you are not being honest with yourselves?? you must think Jesus is pretty weak that he needs all of this defending even when the subject is as important as "the first SLAVE SHIP" & no Christian yet on this thread that feels the need to defend the NAME JESUS, has expressed their concern for those on board this ship and their children!!!

- very sad display & lack of appreciation for knowledge that we ALL need to gain a proper understanding of who and what we are..........
at least not that I have seen!!!

i m not shocked of this...

the devil can use everything to mislead people...

even misabuse his name....

we withness this still untill this day.......

whatever name this person gave this ship.......

it was not good.....

i still believe that he is my savior and that he wil come back...
and that he beholds the victory ....
and that in him you can make changes...

how about you .....all

Loveauroraflower:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back