Black Spirituality Religion : Did you know "Amazing Grace" was written by slave-trader / slave-owner - John Newton?

Keita Kenyatta is an intelligent man. He knows that he is playing a game of semantics. Although you are speaking truth, you aren't telling him anything he doesn't already know. This game of semantics is simply a coping mechanism.

Show me a brother that resorts to semantics when dealing with information that's undesirable to hear and I will show you a brother that doesn't want and can't handle the truth.

Choose your battles wisely, cause I really ain't the one my brother...but I can very quickly become the one. You know nothing of my intellect, nothing of my character, nothing at all concerning me outside of this forum...and obviously you haven't read much of that.

Belief is a coping mechanism for NOT KNOWING or not wanting to know. Of course you have the right to define "belief" as you see fit but again, it don't make it right...simply your definition. We have become a sophisticated people with the ability to rationalize and justify our intellectual ignorance as if it is reality when it isn't. Your responce to me simply proves that.

Gentlemen,

The facts are the facts!

Obviously, choosing to "believe" them is your choice! Again, if this "truth" is self-evident ... then what's the prooooblem? Take a deeep breath accept the truth and move on!!! Rather than delaying the acceptance of truth by tread-milling the facts! Muddy'in the truth-waters ...talkin' 'bout whose reality is who's?

"Where shall we go from this point?" How do we extrapolate this knowledge - into wisdom and use this wisdom to heal ourselves???

Meaning,

YES!!! Our Peoples have endured unimaginable horrors both in this country AND in our Motherland, horrors that (like it or not) have become & are SPIRITUAL! In that, this degradation has lingered in the atmosphere & has been passed on through us & "them" (our perpetrators) from generation to generation!

How do we end this vicious cycle? So that this infectious disease of "self-hate" dissipates within "us"???

Here's a truth for ya! Millions of our Peoples both in this country & abroad are - to this very day!!! ... dealing with the end-results of the Portuguese version of "slavery"!

This is a version of evil that surpasses indentured servitude and took human domination to unconscionable levels! Maybe if we begin to dissect this devil, this evil, we'll conquer or begin to conquer this apparent stronghold it has held within each of us?

Well Sister Destee, sorry I'm tardy for the party, but as witnessed below, this information was recorded into the Archives as early as 2006; and as I've said many times before, there's no dearth of information contained on this Site you've provided over the past 16 years, relative to black people and our plight in the diaspora. My own personnel commentary of 2009 is provided as well:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/healing-testimony.56225/#post-575375

Peace and Blessings Family,

Did you know that the song "Amazing Grace" was written by slave-trader / slave-owner, John Newton?

johnnewton.jpg

It seems he had some regrets regarding his participation in the slave trade, and this song was born.

He also wrote "Thoughts Upon The African Slave Trade" in 1788.

I had no idea ... it kinda makes me think of the song in a different way.

How about you ... did you know already ... does it impact your thots regarding the song?

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Choose your battles wisely, cause I really ain't the one my brother...but I can very quickly become the one.
You chose to engage me. From that point, it doesn't matter if you are the one or fast on your way to becoming the one. Either way, I'm simply responding to the garbage you engaged me with.

You know nothing of my intellect, nothing of my character, nothing at all concerning me outside of this forum...and obviously you haven't read much of that.
Based on your semantics, you are right. I don't "know" anything of your intellect, character, or what you are outside of this forum so I retract the credit I gave you for being an intelligent man.

Belief is a coping mechanism for NOT KNOWING or not wanting to know. Of course you have the right to define "belief" as you see fit but again, it don't make it right...simply your definition. We have become a sophisticated people with the ability to rationalize and justify our intellectual ignorance as if it is reality when it isn't. Your responce to me simply proves that.

Likewise, you have the right to play the semantics game as you see fit. But this much I do "KNOW", much of the stuff you think or say you KNOW, you don't. I KNOW you have no supernatural powers. I KNOW that unless you were present hundreds of years ago to witness what happened, anything you claim to KNOW about the era you don't KNOW, you simply BELIEVE. Wow, knowing is a great thing...and empowering and liberating thing. Thanks for suggesting I try it, you were right. I do like it.

Gentlemen,

The facts are the facts!

YES!!! Our Peoples have endured unimaginable horrors both in this country AND in our Motherland, horrors that (like it or not) have become & are SPIRITUAL! In that, this degradation has lingered in the atmosphere & has been passed on through us & "them" (our perpetrators) from generation to generation!

How do we end this vicious cycle? So that this infectious disease of "self-hate" dissipates within "us"???
IMO, it is those of us who cannot handle this truth who must create an alternate version of the truth or attack anyone who dare suggest our ancestors participated in the slave trade or that we assign partial responsibility to some of our ancestors for their actions that are hindering progress. They expect us to heal and grow while in denial of our reality. It's impossible to heal while in denial of the reality that contributed to your condition.

They never show evidence that our ancestors didn't participate, they either launch an attack against the one who points out that they did, or attempt the minimalize it in order to rationalize their denial. Either way, denial is not the path to recovery.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back