Black Spirituality Religion : Fall of melanated people?

Onyemobi,

Secondly and specifically, if this is your argument to: The Christian Hell is not an African concept, and one can argue that its not even a Biblical one, then it is full of contradictions. For you say this: the primarily goal of the typical Christian seems not to be reaching Heaven, but escaping the eternal fires of Hell. If that concept of Hell was removed, the churches would probably be empty, and you say this, and in the New Testament, the terms Hades, Sheol, and Gehenna are misleadingly used interchangeably as a translation for "Hell." Therefore, based on all of the above, from my point of view, there should no longer be a need of this back and forth dialogue; can we at least agree on this, my Friend?

The Christian Hell is not an African concept for the following reasons:

1. Just about all Africans believe in reincarnation, so the idea of spending eternity in one realm doesn't fit in well with that cosmology

2. A Christian Hell requires a Devil, and the concept of a powerful being that is the opposite of God doesn't exist in any African tradition that I've encountered

According to most Christians, Hell is a place of eternal separation from God that unbelievers go do after death. It is not a Biblical concept for some of the following reasons:

1. Christians claim that Hell is separation from God, despite the fact that their own scriptures say that God is omnipresent:

Psalm 139:7-10, Colossians 1:17, Amos 9:1-4, Isaiah 66:1-2, Jeremiah 23:23-24, Proverbs 15:3

Seperation from an omnipresent God is not only non-Biblical, its not logical.

2. In the Old Testament, the name for the place of the dead was "Sheol." This was a place much like the Greek Hades where both the righteous and wicked had their resting place. It was NOT the place of fire and brimstone that some versions of the Bible have translated it to be. So therefore, this is strictly a New Testament creation

3. In Matthew 10:28, Yeshua states "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." If Hell is a place that one was to go after death, then how can the body be destroyed in it?

4. How can Hell be eternal if it is supposed to be thrown into the Lake of Fire? Revelations 20:14

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

From page 59 of Nuk a Neter (I am a Divine Being) The Kamatic Holy Scriptures: by Ra Un Nefer Amen.

"Is Ra the sun god? Lets begin to refute this nonsense by looking into a major Kamitic scripture entitled the Sesh am Duat -the Book of What is in the Metaphysical World. This book puts forward the initiation ceremony that was used in association with Ra. The book details the makeup of man's subconscious, and serves as a guide in the journey of consciousness through it in the process of initiation. What then does the sun have to do with the metaphysical world and man's subconscious?

In this book, man's subconsciousness is divided into 12 regions. Consciousness must travel with Ra (the life force) through each of the divisions with the knowledge of the principles that governs each of them. These principles are based on the law that govern the life force and are referred to as gate keepers, heralds and watchers. If the life of the initiate agrees with the laws in all the regions it means that the life fore has been purified and that the initiate has met all the requirements for divine realization."

As you can see, the term "Duat" or "Amenta", which is often translated as the "underworld", is really a symbol of the subconscious of man.

And on page 106, the author states:

"I did not translate the entire work. I limited myself to the portion that deals with the realization of man's divinity. The section that was left out dealt with funerary procedural instructions and suggestions of things that the deceased can do in the after-life. If you are interested in reading up on this, I recommend with grave reservations, the Egyptian Book of the Dead by Wallis Budge. Unlike other authors, he gives the hieroglyphic text. This is an invaluable tool. Please ignore his attempts to explain Kamitic religion."

I hope this clears this up for you.
[/SIZE]

Onyemobi,

Rather than clearing things up, what this does is to provide at least an answer to the question, and makes an attempt at overthrowing Budge, which is admirable. Here is where I will leave this, on one hand Budge is invaluable when it comes to rendering the hieroglyphic text, and on the other hand Budge should be question when it comes to interpretations, and on this notion, I have always acted with reservation. Nothing changes for me on this point, concerning Budge.

In reference to this projection, (If the life of the initiate agrees with the laws in all the regions it means that the life fore has been purified and that the initiate has met all the requirements for divine realization), a consequence results, obviously, upon disagreement between life and laws in terms of divine realization. And also here, (The section that was left out dealt with funerary procedural instructions and suggestions of things that the deceased can do in the after-life), there is again, obvious activity in the after-life.

So, the concepts of consequences and after live activities are hereby duly established, unless you disagree.

The Christian Hell is not an African concept for the following reasons:

1. Just about all Africans believe in reincarnation, so the idea of spending eternity in one realm doesn't fit in well with that cosmology

2. A Christian Hell requires a Devil, and the concept of a powerful being that is the opposite of God doesn't exist in any African tradition that I've encountered

According to most Christians, Hell is a place of eternal separation from God that unbelievers go do after death. It is not a Biblical concept for some of the following reasons:

1. Christians claim that Hell is separation from God, despite the fact that their own scriptures say that God is omnipresent:

Psalm 139:7-10, Colossians 1:17, Amos 9:1-4, Isaiah 66:1-2, Jeremiah 23:23-24, Proverbs 15:3

Seperation from an omnipresent God is not only non-Biblical, its not logical.

2. In the Old Testament, the name for the place of the dead was "Sheol." This was a place much like the Greek Hades where both the righteous and wicked had their resting place. It was NOT the place of fire and brimstone that some versions of the Bible have translated it to be. So therefore, this is strictly a New Testament creation

3. In Matthew 10:28, Yeshua states "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell." If Hell is a place that one was to go after death, then how can the body be destroyed in it?

4. How can Hell be eternal if it is supposed to be thrown into the Lake of Fire? Revelations 20:14

Onyemobi,

This a second bite at the apple, so to speak, and there isn’t anything that I have read that changes my desire to end the dialogue on this subject. Instead of arguing that Hell is not even a biblical concept, there is nothing but continuation of the same trend of thought, just more detail. Therefore, I respectfully hold your argument as unproven and rejected out of hand, if you will.

I don't know if this topic has gotten off point and have deviated from its original question but here is a good and logical research into the Afterlife theory of our ancient kin folks. I really suggest going through all of the videos on this series because they are educational.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic ... it is religion that is actually keeping us separated on the highest level. In order for us to get back to a place where we take our thrown back we have to find a common ground of interpretations. That one common ground is religious persecution. Our religions where turned upside down and many of us are still scrambling to find our cultural connection. We have to remember that different tribes of people were conjoined forced to work together and get along despite varies differences including religion.

It took disparity to join us forming the first Pan-African movement and though forced, we learned to work with each other despite language barriers. What we need to do now is reignite that flame globally as we are still facing the same adversity but with a different aura of evil. Managing our emotion as emotional people will in effect make us logical which will advance our motion without a legitimate force to stop our flow.

We definitely need to find a way out.

Peace and Blessings

I don't know if this topic has gotten off point and have deviated from its original question but here is a good and logical research into the Afterlife theory of our ancient kin folks. I really suggest going through all of the videos on this series because they are educational.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic ... it is religion that is actually keeping us separated on the highest level. In order for us to get back to a place where we take our thrown back we have to find a common ground of interpretations. That one common ground is religious persecution. Our religions where turned upside down and many of us are still scrambling to find our cultural connection. We have to remember that different tribes of people were conjoined forced to work together and get along despite varies differences including religion.

It took disparity to join us forming the first Pan-African movement and though forced, we learned to work with each other despite language barriers. What we need to do now is reignite that flame globally as we are still facing the same adversity but with a different aura of evil. Managing our emotion as emotional people will in effect make us logical which will advance our motion without a legitimate force to stop our flow.

We definitely need to find a way out.

Peace and Blessings

ru2religious,

While I respect your wish not to go off course and bring the thread back on point, here is were you and I left off before your plane ride:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=571520&postcount=29

In the above post, which is the one I prefer you quote, it explains what I have said.

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=571511&postcount=28

And in this post is exactly where we (you and I) should be; you may actually quote either, or both. All others, to include the thread starter are pretty much finished, I think?

Now, as far as the homework you have assigned:), I am working on it and will share my opinions with you, shortly. Question: should I check out all the video’s, meaning those that are also in the menu that are also relevant? Keep in mind; this is a large assignment, okay, lol.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back