Black Relationships : Do Mothers Affect Black Love, Especially if They Are Not Attractive?

Some men assume that if a mother looks bad, then the wife is going to look that way too.

What are your opinions on this?

Also, what if your friends think your mother is a "hot ghetto mess..." or fat and unattractive? How much does that factor into whether or not you try to get her to fix herself up? Would you turn to disrespecting her just because of what your friends think?

When I take my son out to play, I hear very crass things from some of the kids in our community. They are talking about other kids' mothers. I don't always get involved, but it does offend me. I believe that you should respect your mother all the time... you should respect her because she gave you life. Her looks shouldn't even matter...even if she's fat, ugly or whatever SOCIETY considers the worst in a woman. And in society, I mean what whites are thinking.

Moms have it hard enough from their husbands... they are cleaning up the house, taking care of the kids and (in some cases going to work). They are not always going to look good.

We shouldn't have to be judged by OUR CHILDREN on our appearance. We are old enough to know how to look good for what is in our control.

It's bad enough white society judges the so-called "bad" woman in a very offensive way... we need to learn to love ALL women even if they are considered the "worst" in the community. This includes our mothers.

I do not make any judgement calls based on a mother's looks. I've been more concerned about the character and philosophies of the mother of someone I date. With mothers doing all they can to care for their children and family members, I know there will be some wear on them. That comes with the territory. I'm more likely to back up if they are running down other women or men in general.

Both sides of the gender fence have their own struggles and each have an important part in our family structure.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back