Black Relationships : Tips For Single Mothers Raising Sons

Jiggy

Lest we forget.......keep a foot up his a**!
Well, the problem with that as I have observed in many occasions is some women don't know how to properly use force when disciplining thier sons.

They think the only thing that separates their type of discipline from a man's discipline is the amount of force and violence employed, so they try to make up for it by being more aggressive and too often lately this aggressiveness has backfired.

Look at all the cases around the nation where sons are doing the unthinkable to thier own mothers in violent rampages!

Most fathers instinctively know when to hit their sons and when not to.
They don't just haul off and smack thier sons or threaten them for coming home late in order to "show them who's boss".
Because of this, they are confident in the fact that knowing as the man of the house they will always have the upper hand so their violence is usually metered out only when necessary.

A woman never should get into a habit of just issuing out violence to her son to "keep him in check" because as both a woman and a mother few would be willing to go "all the way" to enforce discipline like a father would.

Most fathers....if their son got too violent back with them....probably would kill their own sons.
Most mothers would not.

I agree with the way you've broken this down. It's definately more difficult for some women to know when and how to use certain discipline techniques, because men and women react differently in situations. I meant more than just in a physical sense also. I was saying that single mothers need to be consistent with their discipline. I've seen too many instances where women will slack off on their sons....and once their sons get bigger than them its too late to instill fear/respect. I guess I'm more saying to keep your sons busy with something the majority of the time. I've seen to many grow up lazy and shiftless. I'm hard on my son, probably sometimes to a fault. But, I always tell him why I'm such a ***** at times. I always explain to him that he's gotta give 100% and then some with everything that he does.

Dual Karnayn said:
Jiggy

Well, the problem with that as I have observed in many occasions is some women don't know how to properly use force when disciplining thier sons.

They think the only thing that separates their type of discipline from a man's discipline is the amount of force and violence employed, so they try to make up for it by being more aggressive and too often lately this aggressiveness has backfired.

Look at all the cases around the nation where sons are doing the unthinkable to thier own mothers in violent rampages!

Most fathers instinctively know when to hit their sons and when not to.
They don't just haul off and smack thier sons or threaten them for coming home late in order to "show them who's boss".
Because of this, they are confident in the fact that knowing as the man of the house they will always have the upper hand so their violence is usually metered out only when necessary.

A woman never should get into a habit of just issuing out violence to her son to "keep him in check" because as both a woman and a mother few would be willing to go "all the way" to enforce discipline like a father would.

Most fathers....if their son got too violent back with them....probably would kill their own sons.
Most mothers would not.

Jiggy

I agree with the way you've broken this down. It's definately more difficult for some women to know when and how to use certain discipline techniques, because men and women react differently in situations. I meant more than just in a physical sense also. I was saying that single mothers need to be consistent with their discipline. I've seen too many instances where women will slack off on their sons....and once their sons get bigger than them its too late to instill fear/respect. I guess I'm more saying to keep your sons busy with something the majority of the time. I've seen to many grow up lazy and shiftless. I'm hard on my son, probably sometimes to a fault. But, I always tell him why I'm such a ***** at times. I always explain to him that he's gotta give 100% and then some with everything that he does.
To be honest with you, I think most mothers tend to just "love" thier sons more than fathers do.
Just like most fathers tend to love thier daughers and would kill for them much quicker than for thier sons.

I don't even have daughters and feel the same way.

This unconditional love a mother has allows her son to get away with a lot more than even the most loving father would allow.

One of the most memorable moments on the big screen was in that movie Jungle Fever when Ossie Davis had to wake up and shoot his crack-head son who was harrassing his mother looking for money.

It was both tragic and funny at the same time because I think everyone who has grown up with thier father can relate to that sort of situation.

We know what "pops" would do if we pushed him enough.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back