Food Discussion : Celebrate National Popcorn Day!

I really like popcorn too. Had some fresh popped on the stove for lunch. Little sprinkle of sea salt and I'm good.

• PCBs are a large group of related industrial chemicals.
    • PCBs are oily liquids or solids and are clear or light yellow
      in color.
    • They have no smell or taste.
  • PCBs are common contaminants in fish in many parts of the world.
  • If PCBs levels in fish are high enough, they may pose a health threat to people
    that eat fish often.
Liberty, (hello, nice to meet you) are there any fish now absent of PCBs? Commercial fish, that is.

I really like popcorn too. Had some fresh popped on the stove for lunch. Little sprinkle of sea salt and I'm good.

• PCBs are a large group of related industrial chemicals.
    • PCBs are oily liquids or solids and are clear or light yellow
      in color.
    • They have no smell or taste.
  • PCBs are common contaminants in fish in many parts of the world.
  • If PCBs levels in fish are high enough, they may pose a health threat to people
    that eat fish often.
Liberty, (hello, nice to meet you) are there any fish now absent of PCBs? Commercial fish, that is.

Glad to meet you, NNQueen!

Hmmm.... I guess it is possible. But, what we do have is information on accepted amounts of each kind of fish, that are safe to eat. I will link you up to a thread I did trying to clarify the info. But, note, only the last post gives the warning about shellfish that I know and live by. Like I said on the thread, I don't know why the published information suggests that bottom feeders are safe. I am told to never eat shellfish, or bottom feeders. Now, on social occasions, I cheat and have a lobster tail. (But, it seems obvious to me that bottom feeders eat the crap of all the other fish so they would be heavily contaminated)

My information tells me that the safest fish is wild, fresh caught, fish that is under 13 inches. Never eat farm raised fish, yuck! To get enough omega 3's, but not too much PCB's or mercury, I can have these fish twice a week, to be safe. I don't eat meat or poultry. See this thread, and let me know if you want more info....

https://destee.com/threads/polychlorinated-biphenyls-pcbs-and-your-health.85385/

I could only imagine how "un-contacted" civilizations would react to a box that turns this...

View attachment 7178

into this...
View attachment 7177

It reminds me of one of the many legends of why AAs eat black-eyed peas for good luck on New Years. Some say it is because on the ships from Africa to the Americas, the slaves were given hard, dried, black-eyed peas to eat, and yet they survived the journey.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back