African Traditional Religion : Black/African Understanding of Spiritual Belief Systems

A Superlative Concept

kemetkind said:
A few proposed the other night in chat that it might be a powerful idea if we, as a group, select texts surrounding a particular belief system, and study them for a month (or three depending on the topic), discuss them here from our own black/african perspectives, with the goal of identifying truths or wisdom contained therein.

We could rotate through whatever system or text we deem to have any value for the spirituality of black people.

We could make this a multi-year on-going effort, and should enough momentum gather, we could task some of the great minds here to compile our conclusions into a living document that serves as a framework for spirituality.

This means we're having the audacity to create something new forged out of the power of our own collaboration and spiritual focus.

What do you think?

You and I and many other conscious Africans (as opposed to the majority of confused Negroes/Blacks) do have a problem with the way all these religions (Christianity and Islam in particular) manipulate the innate Spirituality (of African men and women in the USA and the rest of the Diaspora and even Africa itself) to exert a massive amount of (White Supremacist) socio-economic dominance and control in every area of human activity.

Christianity/Islam (most of the formal religions) projects itself like a luxury cruise liner (QE2) voyage where the Captain promises to get you to your destination, as long as you don’t mind surrendering all your spiritual and intellectual agility to him.

He might choose to circumnavigate the globe 3 times and go to a completely different destination but at least you’ll get there in comfort, and if you don’t you can blame him/them.

The alternative to this luxury spiritual/intellectual cruise, is to use a small rowing boat, 2 oars and a compass to make your own way across the Atlantic.

From this perspective you can see why these monolithic religious structures are so powerful and popular; however kemetkind and I are up to attempting a spiritual challenge of this magnitude?

The majority of people [especially the diverse range of KNOW IT ALLS IN INTERNET FORUMS] are not; because they are either totally programmed BRAIN DEAD AUTOMATONS or they are BATTERING RAMS focused on stunting our development with regard to maintaining socio-economic dysfunction caused by the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of the last 500 years by keeping our exchanges as basic and confrontational as possible by stirring up conflict and abuse.

Anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed
is graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE!
****, this STILL applies to Real's ***!

All too True!

river said:
Yes, we must build on the wisdom our ancestors possessed. We must also build on that addendum that our own wisdom has given us. He who stands on the shoulders of another reaches higher than the one on whose shoulders he is standing.

One thing our ancestors were totally unprepared for the unslaught of white supremacy because their systems were developed at a time when such a thing was unheard of.

When I trained with my white cane my teacher taught me that if I ever become confused about where I am and which way to go I should go back to where I was when I knew where I was and from there start going in the right direction. It does no good to back to where you were and then follow the exact same path that got you lost in the first place.

Today, we live in a world unknown to our ancestors--a world with white people in it. In this world we have learned that there is nothing we can keep if we cannot protect it. "

Would you agree that in a World dominated by intelligently led collectives any group not organised with comparable intelligence is a VICTIM IN WAITING, who wont have to wait long [especially if they control strategically vital resources like Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran]; or haven't we learned anything from the ongoing African HOLOCAUST of the last 500 years?

Don’t you think it is bizarre that we are aspiring to be the only ethnicity on the Planet to collectively advance without our own elite’s guidance and support; with many of us expecting our lower echelons with their limited education and experience to deduce or intuit a reasonable way forward by themselves as opposed to being intelligently led?

Our current Boule dominated socio-economic elite are not our real cream [which is why they are chosen by our enemies as leaders and role models in our communities] are they, because this racist mis-eduction system deliberately sidelines the more intellectually agile and assertive African thinkers whose moves cannot be easily predicted or programmed into a subservient mode?

I have explained many times that if I walked up to another man (or a woman) and said “Excuse me, am I a Man”? Simply by asking a question like that, which is exactly the way we individually and collectively relate to the status quo (consciously acknowledging his/her superior judgement by seeking the acknowledgement and acceptance of our White Supremacist Racist Academia and their lackeys and AUTOMATONS of many hues) I’ve answered it.

We conscious Africans (as opposed to Negroes/Blacks) can and must save ourselves by creating the socio-economic links and leadership that has allowed China, Japan and Indians to become industrialised nuclear powers; in contrast to the chaos that pervades our countries and communities in Africa and the Diaspora [which includes the USA].

We have the information [our ancestors didn’t] from our own scholars, now we must take the responsibility for teaching the truth (of African contributions to Civilisation past and present) to our community, thus administering our own post-traumatic stress therapy to attack this self-hatred and all the other socio-economic dysfunction we suffer from at source.

Anyone who genuinely believes they are not programmed
is graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE!
****, this STILL applies to Real's ***!​

Reading alone will not illuminate understanding of many of the texts.

When you begin reading, some of the texts are going to have to be prioritized. In order to understand certain texts you have to have certain fundamentals first. This is important to know especially in light of the fact that many texts you might study are pieces of the same puzzle. For example, if you pick up a king james bible it does not give you the same information on the Tree of Life or the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil as you find in roiscrucian and kaballah, or even sufi texts.

Some of the books are written in parables, or symbols, or correspondences (which is a totally different system of thinking than the linear deductive mode used by most people who read them). There are several layers of understanding like an onion. And there are different approaches to the subject matter- Some "religions" or traditions are based on faith or belief. Then there are systems that are based on knowledge, and proof.

If you simply start reading you would not know the difference because in the original texts most of these things are not spelled out.

A few proposed the other night in chat that it might be a powerful idea if we, as a group, select texts surrounding a particular belief system, and study them for a month (or three depending on the topic), discuss them here from our own black/african perspectives, with the goal of identifying truths or wisdom contained therein.

We could rotate through whatever system or text we deem to have any value for the spirituality of black people.

We could make this a multi-year on-going effort, and should enough momentum gather, we could task some of the great minds here to compile our conclusions into a living document that serves as a framework for spirituality.

This means we're having the audacity to create something new forged out of the power of our own collaboration and spiritual focus.
What do you think?

Create something new forged out ot the power of our own collaboration and spiritual focus. Interesting concept. But what happens when there are attempts to do just that?

So'ja: THIS is the "PROJECT."

What do you think?

This is the "PROJECT."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back