Black Entertainment : Beyonce Has Nothing on The Late Aaliyah!

AuthorLady

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2012
happy-birthday-aaliyah-look-back_0.jpg

It's hard to believe, but Aaliyah has been gone for over a decade.

Yesterday, a co-worker and I were discussing the performance of Beyonce on the Superbowl and I said: "If Aaliyah were still alive; Beyonce wouldn't be as popular as she is. Aaliyah had something that she didn't: MYSTIQUE". And she had real style. She had that Sade cool.

Beyonce wears church lady fashion and her performances really aren't impressing for those of us who are over 35. What is she really doing?

Janet Jackson was a trailblazer and really? Beyonce does not have the Diva quality of Diana Ross at all.

So, I thought this one would be a good topic to debate today.

Do you agree with what I said to my co-worker. :10200: She totally agreed with me by the way.

You know I had to do it:

*Memories*​

happy-birthday-aaliyah-look-back_0.jpg

It's hard to believe, but Aaliyah has been gone for over a decade.

Yesterday, a co-worker and I were discussing the performance of Beyonce on the Superbowl and I said: "If Aaliyah were still alive; Beyonce wouldn't be as popular as she is. Aaliyah had something that she didn't: MYSTIQUE. And she had real style. She had that Sade cool.

Beyonce wears church lady fashion and her performances really aren't impressing for those of us who are over 35. What is she really doing?

Janet Jackson was a trailblazer and really? Beyonce does not have the Diva quality of Diana Ross at all.

So, I thought this one would be a good topic to debate today.

Do you agree with what I said to my co-worker. :10200: She totally agreed with me by the way.

You know I had to do it:

*Memories*​

Aaliyah had a straight Dopeness that remains untouched.

I think they are all there to be distractions, and that choosing to fight between who is "superior" is comparing apples with oranges. If this were all the case I could cry over Nicki Minaj and talk about all of the local artists who are so "talented". There are some people who are willing to sell out their race for the sake of money. Hence, why we have both MTV/BET and Hollywood.

why is it necessary to detract from one to add to the other?

they both rose to the top of their game...with obvious talent, looks, and flare. they both garner the praise of their followers. they were never in opposition to one another...never opposed to each other. why can't we just appreciate them...and their accomplishments...without pitting one against the other?

that's just my take.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back