Black Money Business Jobs : Banking Black

If you want more black business then get the road block out of their way. Reduce regulation and taxes on businesses. We have never been a country of the collective but of the individual. Race is only 0.05% of the genetic makeup in our dna. It is a free country you can spend your money where you want. I was just saying I have a colorblind approach when looking to put my money in.

Perhaps this is the problem, not the solution.

Personally, i do not bank. period. Cash only and pool resurces with family.

It seems that every community except the black community uses the household as a model for organization, pooling resources together, while black folks (not all) talk about being colorblind and diffusing economic power.

If you go to a korean bank who do you think most of their clients are?

If you go to a japanese owned bank who do you think most of their clients are?

If you go to most white-owned corporate banks who do you think most of their clients are?

If you ask most black people, where do we do most of our banking?

race and class in this society are stil inextricably linked and the only ones who seem to be blind are black folks who think we are "free".

Reducing taxes and regulations is fine, but taxes and regulations have never been stumbling blocks for other communities, and we have FAR more disposable income than many of them do.

Well, that's not exactly true. Just about everybody is part of a collective in one way or another, whether it's being a Democrat, Republican, Black, Hispanic, Christian, Muslim, DST, AKA, Mason, Black Panther, Tea Party, whatever. Being able to form a collective is a freedom in and of itself.

Just look at the Jewish community. They don't whine and complain about taxes and regulations, they just find ways of getting around them. (Not to say they do so illegally, but I'm sure they have their "ways", lol)

You make some excellent points here.

On the contray. A lot of founding fathers were aganist slavery. Let me quote a few.
“I would most ardently wish to become a member of it [the society in New York] and... I can safely promise them that neither my tongue, nor my pen, nor purse shall be wanting to promote the abolition of what to me appears so inconsistent with humanity and Christianity... May the great and the equal Father of the human race, who has expressly declared His abhorrence of oppression, and that He is no respecter of persons, succeed a design so laudably calculated to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke.”
- Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin and Benjamin Rush also founded the first antislavery society in America during 1774

“I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery.”
-George Washington
"My opinion against slavery has always been known... Never in my life did I own a slave."- John Adams
"Why keep alive the question of slavery? It is admitted by all to be a great evil."- Charles Carroll
"That men should pray and fight for their own freedom and yet keep others in slavery is certainly acting a very inconsistent as well as unjust and perhaps impious part."- John Jay

I can quote more but you get the point.

You cannot be serious.

I got some information that can blow everything you are saying totally out of the water.

YOUR "founding fathers" did NOTHING to prevent or abolish the slave trade upon "founding" the national government when framing the constitution.

George Washington aided the French who established a slave trading post at east Africa's Kilwa Island only months prior to July 1776. This accounts for the American-French alliance against Britain. They had similar interests to protect in extending trade to the indian ocean coastal lands.

There you are mistaken my friend. They did write it into the constitution. It is called the three-fifths clause. It made it so the southern slave owners could only count slaves as three-fifths. The three-fifths clause was not a measurement of human worth; it was an attempt to reduce the number of pro-slavery proponents in Congress. They planted the seeds for ending slavery. Not all of the founding fathers wanted to ended slavery but the ones that did want to end it wanted a way to bring it to an end.

There you are mistaken my friend. They did write it into the constitution. It is called the three-fifths clause. It made it so the southern slave owners could only count slaves as three-fifths. The three-fifths clause was not a measurement of human worth; it was an attempt to reduce the number of pro-slavery proponents in Congress. They planted the seeds for ending slavery. Not all of the founding fathers wanted to ended slavery but the ones that did want to end it wanted a way to bring it to an end.

Like i said they did nothing to PREVENT or ABOLISH slavery, or the slave trade for that matter, so you are the one that is mistaken.

Thomas Jefferson, for example was a major slaveowner known for his relationship with Sally Hemmings.

The Three-Fifths compromise was a compromise between Southern and Northern states reached during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 in which three-fifths of the population of slaves would be counted for enumeration purposes regarding both the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of the members of the United States House of Representatives. It was proposed by delegates James Wilson and Roger Sherman.

This had nothing to do with ending or abolishing slavery. It was a device used to weaken the tax base of the southern states.

The amendment was to have changed the basis for determining the wealth of each state, and hence its tax obligations, from real estate to population, as a measure of ability to produce wealth.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back