Black Money Business Jobs : Banking Black

I agree with you on one level, but disagree on another. I am extremely interested in "banking black" and I have looked into several black banks, but I have found that in many instances, they have more fees / higher fees than the non-black banks. I agree with you on that. Ordinarily, that wouldn't deter me, but this recession has forced me to save every red cent humanly possible. I just can't afford to be nickle & dime'd to death right now. But I still plan on finding a way to make it happen.

I disagree, however, that doing business with our own is "stupid". Every other race and community does business with each other and their communities are stronger and more financially stable because of it, but for some reason, which I cannot understand, when our community attempts to do the same it's somehow perceived as racist or exclusionary. Why is that? You never hear of other communities hesitating to do business with each other for fear of excluding us do you?

What's "stupid" is the fact that in the average black neighborhood, the nail salons, beauty supply stores, and wing joints are owned by Asians, the gas stations are owned by Arabs, the convenience stores are owned by Indians, the real estate is owned by the white banks, and the blacks own......nothing. What's "stupid" is the fact that it's 2010 and we're just now beginning to wake up and realize the power of building OUR OWN financial communities.

If you want more black business then get the road block out of their way. Reduce regulation and taxes on businesses. We have never been a country of the collective but of the individual. Race is only 0.05% of the genetic makeup in our dna. It is a free country you can spend your money where you want. I was just saying I have a colorblind approach when looking to put my money in.

Reduce regulation and taxes on businesses.

Reducing taxes and regulations is fine, but taxes and regulations have never been stumbling blocks for other communities, and we have FAR more disposable income than many of them do.

We have never been a country of the collective but of the individual.
Well, that's not exactly true. Just about everybody is part of a collective in one way or another, whether it's being a Democrat, Republican, Black, Hispanic, Christian, Muslim, DST, AKA, Mason, Black Panther, Tea Party, whatever. Being able to form a collective is a freedom in and of itself.

Just look at the Jewish community. They don't whine and complain about taxes and regulations, they just find ways of getting around them. (Not to say they do so illegally, but I'm sure they have their "ways", lol)

Reducing taxes and regulations is fine, but taxes and regulations have never been stumbling blocks for other communities, and we have FAR more disposable income than many of them do.

Well, that's not exactly true. Just about everybody is part of a collective in one way or another, whether it's being a Democrat, Republican, Black, Hispanic, Christian, Muslim, DST, AKA, Mason, Black Panther, Tea Party, whatever. Being able to form a collective is a freedom in and of itself.

Just look at the Jewish community. They don't whine and complain about taxes and regulations, they just find ways of getting around them. (Not to say they do so illegally, but I'm sure they have their "ways", lol)
No the founder fathers were afraid of parties. They called them 'factions'. They were scared that they could be used to be turned into an oligarchy.

No the founder fathers were afraid of parties. They called them 'factions'. They were scared that they could be used to be turned into an oligarchy.

The founding fathers??????
Who cares about the founding fathers? The founding fathers were slave owners who didn't even view us as human beings.

---------suspicions forming over here too anAfrican, lol--------

On the contray. A lot of founding fathers were aganist slavery. Let me quote a few.
“I would most ardently wish to become a member of it [the society in New York] and... I can safely promise them that neither my tongue, nor my pen, nor purse shall be wanting to promote the abolition of what to me appears so inconsistent with humanity and Christianity... May the great and the equal Father of the human race, who has expressly declared His abhorrence of oppression, and that He is no respecter of persons, succeed a design so laudably calculated to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke.”
- Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin and Benjamin Rush also founded the first antislavery society in America during 1774

“I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery.”
-George Washington
"My opinion against slavery has always been known... Never in my life did I own a slave."- John Adams
"Why keep alive the question of slavery? It is admitted by all to be a great evil."- Charles Carroll
"That men should pray and fight for their own freedom and yet keep others in slavery is certainly acting a very inconsistent as well as unjust and perhaps impious part."- John Jay

I can quote more but you get the point.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back