Black Money Business Jobs : Banking Black

Like i said they did nothing to PREVENT or ABOLISH slavery, or the slave trade for that matter, so you are the one that is mistaken.

Thomas Jefferson, for example was a major slaveowner known for his relationship with Sally Hemmings.

The Three-Fifths compromise was a compromise between Southern and Northern states reached during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 in which three-fifths of the population of slaves would be counted for enumeration purposes regarding both the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of the members of the United States House of Representatives. It was proposed by delegates James Wilson and Roger Sherman.

This had nothing to do with ending or abolishing slavery. It was a device used to weaken the tax base of the southern states.

The amendment was to have changed the basis for determining the wealth of each state, and hence its tax obligations, from real estate to population, as a measure of ability to produce wealth.

Now lets look at the effects:

The three-fifths ratio, or "Federal ratio" had a major effect on pre-Civil War political affairs due to the disproportionate representation of slaveholding states. For example, in 1793 slave states would have been apportioned 33 seats in the House of Representatives had the seats been assigned based on the free population; instead they were apportioned 47. In 1812, slaveholding states had 76 instead of the 59 they would have had; in 1833, 98 instead of 73. As a result, southerners dominated the Presidency, the Speakership of the House, and the Supreme Court in the period prior to the Civil War.

In effect the 3/5th actually REINFORCED slavery, particularly in the southern colonies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-fifths_compromise

It was about reducing representation of the South thereby keeping the elimination of slavery on the table. The Founding Fathers devised this counting method to limit the power the South could wield, thus ensuring that one day this new nation would be able to abolish slavery. :em0200: However I already said my point. I don't think there is more I can add to it. Just a little hint. I would not use wikipedia for references. I changed the president of Brazil to Hitler once.

It was about reducing representation of the South thereby keeping the elimination of slavery on the table. The Founding Fathers devised this counting method to limit the power the South could wield, thus ensuring that one day this new nation would be able to abolish slavery. :em0200: However I already said my point. I don't think there is more I can add to it. Just a little hint. I would not use wikipedia for references. I changed the president of Brazil to Hitler once.

A bad reference is better than no reference at aii.

If you think the founders, or the stealers of this country wanted to abolish slavery, with all due respect, you got another thought coming! They had no intentions of abolishing slavery, they were benefitting from it just like their southern conterparts. Yes, they were making some political moves, to cause a little disruption in the south, but not enough. They had absolutely no love for the Enslaved Africans and could care less what happened to them. They still are like that today, so the the proof is in the puddin!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back