Black People : Baltimore PD charged in Freddie Gray's Death

n2deepthings

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 30, 2005
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fe6-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html?hpid=z1

Six Baltimore police officers have been charged with several counts, including one who was charged with second-degree murder, in the high-profile death of Freddie Gray, who died from injuries suffered in police custody, State’s Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby said Friday.

The officers, including a lieutenant and a sergeant, have been suspended after the incident. Gray suffered a spinal injury and died after riding in a police transport van that made several stops.

The charges against some of the officers include second degree murder, involuntary manslaughter, assault, failure to render aid and other charges. Mosby said warrants have been issued for the officers’ arrest.

“I assured his family that no one is above the law and I would pursue justice on their behalf,” Mosby said.

It turns out 3 of the 6 charged are Black, including a Black female. Is that what it took to bring charges? One way or another I have mixed feelings because a part of me feel like those three Blacks deserve the worst for being a part of the murder of another Black person, and (or) for trying to cover it up. We have a little too many of those types working positions that impact our lives, who tend to work right along with the system (South Carolina), from cops to judges, from Black male to Black female. Believe me, there's nothing worst than to be victimized by the White system, and see a Black male or female go along with it, or don't make the right decision when they had the power.

Then at the same time, it feels a little like Black on Black again, sense it was a Black prosecutor who brought the charges. It still leaves me wondering if she would have moved this quick if all of the cops were White. Regardless of who's the prosecutor, it was still a positive step towards weeding out White racist behavior, and Black male and Black females who keep going along with injustice towards Blacks. This pretty much covered everybody, except that racist White woman. Oh yes, she has her teeth in these misdeeds too somewhere along the process, because they'll be the first ones ready to acquit in these cases, especially when the defendants are White. That also needs to stop.

Charged. Long way from a verdict. You can count on millions being raised for their defense.

It looks like the toughest charge is going to the one who was driving the police van, who was one of the Black men, although I thought I heard Dick Gregory say that the Black female was driving the van...perhaps she drove him to the hospital. I' ll have to hear that part again, although it's too sad at this point for it to make a big difference. I haven't heard of anything this pathetic involving a Black officer murdering an innocent Black male since 2000 while I was living in the DMV, when a Black P.G. County officer driving an unmarked car not long after midnight, followed a Black Howard University college student from MD, through DC, to Northern VA, trapped him in somebodies drive-way, claimed the college student backed into his cruiser (which he probably did after the cop didn't identify himself through the whole incident) causing him to shoot him dead, with all bullets striking him in the back.

I'm not sure what happened in those last seconds, or what that cop felt he had to do, but it's obvious he was purposely scaring that brother, and it went on too long. If he wasn't purposely scaring him, then he had no respect for the young brother as a citizen with rights. That was the typical attitude of many Black cops when it came to other Black citizens. PG County Police had a reputation of having the most racist police force in the Country. But this was done by a Black cop. One way or another, it went too far and even caused Martin Luther King III to come to town. The cop was acquitted. I can't remember if King came before or after the acquittal. But it did stop a lot of the brutality, however I hear it has now picked back up in recent years. It always seemed like being a cop in the DMV gave a lot of them this cockiness over Black citizens because they were so close to the nations capital, causing many of them to feel somewhat invincible. The murder of Miriam Carey at the Capitol showed me that attitude never really went away, and that could have happened in DC, MD, or VA. So glancing back at police, passing them by in your car while they are driving under the limit, looking like you're having a bad day after work, etc..., has always given them a reason to approach you, then possibly arrest you for something if you're Black. So what I saw in Baltimore, the next major city 30 miles north of DC, didn't really surprise me, because they have a history too I see.

The Black cop driving the van was Caesar Goodson Jr., and he will face the toughest charge, which is murder. This makes me think of a former member here who used to advocate weeding out Blacks who keep going along with the system, however his main focus seemed to be on the Black Boule. The only fear I had with that approach was the possibility of it leading to a Black civil war...something we really don't even want to think about. But when you see Blacks in position judging against Blacks, or not standing up for them, and going as far as murdering them or covering up their murders done by whites, or by themselves now, then we do need to start weeding out these Blacks in some civilized way. This "for self only" thing and not thinking collectively as a race, is exactly what Amos Wilson kept warning us about.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back