Black Spirituality Religion : African Spiritual Traditions! Would you be willing to?

African Spiritual Traditions - Are they relevant today?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

• What are African Spiritual Traditions?

• Total voters

Blackbird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Would you be willing to look into an African Spiritual Tradition?

This is question is meant for those who haven't look into one before, but of course are at liberty to answer.

For those who have looked into an African Spiritual Tradition,

1. How many have you looked into?

2. Were you a participant, a passive observer or did you look into it from an academic standpoint?

3. What were the things, if any, that most intrigued you about African Spiritual Traditions?

4. What were the things, if any, that least appealed to you or maybe even turned you off about African Spiritual Traditions?

5. Are you currently a practitioner or maybe incorporate certain things found in African Spiritual Traditions in your own spiritual practice?

6. Lastly, what is your overall take on African Spiritual Traditions in terms of their relevancy to modern day?

I will be the first to answer.

For those who have looked into an African Spiritual Tradition,

1. How many have you looked into? 10 traditions

2. Were you a participant, a passive observer or did you look into it from an academic standpoint? Initially as a passive observer and ultimately as a participant.

3. What were the things, if any, that most intrigued you about African Spiritual Traditions? Honestly, the concept of doing work and working with the spirits.

4. What were the things, if any, that least appealed to you or maybe even turned you off about African Spiritual Traditions? The fee for consultations and other spiritual work via priests and just the concept of priests.

5. Are you currently a practitioner or maybe incorporate certain things found in African Spiritual Traditions in your own spiritual practice? I am currently a practitioner.

6. Lastly, what is your overall take on African Spiritual Traditions in terms of their relevancy to modern day?
It is hard to say. For a sense of connection and pride in one's African origins, I think they are highly relevant. I used to say that if I believe my ancestors were not inferior, why would I believe that anything that they created would be inferior. Also, my thought was - can I honestly say that I know better than my ancestors. If they live in me then what was good enough for them is good enough for me. However, at the end of the day, each person has their own to choose. For me, African Spiritual Traditions can be relevant for modern society and living.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back