Black People Politics : African Economics

I think that the ownership of land is a legal delusion but the legal system that supports the delusion greatly affects the freedom of the society.
Yes....in absolute real terms one cannot own land.....allodial title ability to defend - we use fee simply.
Most countries no longer give allodial title but a type of lease.

Like China says you can only own property for 70 years. How do the "ownership" laws work in various African countries. But China has screwed up its lending and construction so much that they have probably screwed the entire nation.
Land ownership in some parts of Africa is based on use and occupancy.
I would be looking for fee simply land registered with the state

I saw some video where a county in the US took some land for $20,000 in back taxes then sold it for $100,000 and kept the $80,000 difference.
Yes they will....but the previous owner is still legally entitled to that excess.

Ultimately the peoplewith the firepower OWN the land. How reasonable is the legal delusion hiding that reality.
Usually in most countries the people with the most fire power is the government....you purchase the rights to use and occupy the land within the establish code from a governmental organization which should use force of law or violence to protect your rights....Law of the Jungle

I recommend starting small.....I think of A self-sustaining 40 acre farm land.
What's your idea?

Hence owning land that produces food for sale/income and personal consumption....should make you feel right at home.
I would like to own a piece of Ghana, The Congo and or Zimbabwe
Some years ago Rwanda was one the fastest growing country in the world while Botswana was pretty first world...
there something about Lesotho just can't remember though.

True....what do you have in mind.

If you could please let me see the dream?

Sometimes our worst enemies are the very people we are trying to help.
is hindering me personally. It takes so much money just to live in the US that a lot of us struggle just to keep our own boat afloat.

Ok, first... let me apologize for the length. I'm going to break it up into a few posts but I hope you forgive me for giving you so much to read. I need to do better at editing myself but I'm also kinda busy right now, working on that first step.

Not sure if you're aware of this. If not, you may like it or at least let it inspire you. I'm sure you could even reach out and make some new connections based on individuals who are already doing it in Africa. I recommend connecting with BAIO as well as individuals specifically doing the things you want to do. Even if they have nothing new to teach you, sometimes, just the connections build more motivation to make those dreams a reality. Speaking for me personally, I know my dreams are more powerful when I connect with other dreamers; similar to what Dave Chappelle was talking about in his latest special.

What's your idea?

In terms of starting small, I fully agree with you. One of the reasons I agree is that black people are very smart. Within the context of that intelligence is being able to decipher between fools and dreamers. We won't get behind people who aren't going anywhere. Talk is cheap. Black people want and need to see results. A con artist can get a few dollars off people who take them at their word, but nothing speaks louder than success. That's why rappers talk about wealth because people are naturally attracted and naturally follow that. I messed up. I should have used the network of connections I built 10+ yrs ago to construct a purely profitable for-profit business instead of focusing on "preaching" economics as the solution to everything and helping black-owned businesses. We were way too "non-profity" lol. Our intentions were good but the approach was naive. That's on me. I underestimated what the masses needed to see in order to support us.

I've always been full of ideas when it comes to making money. The problem is I get distracted by helping others. Even after telling myself to stop I did it again when my cousin wanted my help to build an online education platform. I said we needed to create a VR university, using her ability to create ESL courses as a stepping stone to funding the development of the platform. That was 2 years ago. Now, I'm seeing a VR app using the same ideas to teach language in a VR environment. All they have to do is keep expanding that and they'll probably get bought out by Meta itself in a multi-million dollar deal.

What I'm working on right now is a dating site focused on alternative lifestyles in communities of color. BAM (Black Alternative Match).

I think of the internet as "virtual real estate". Like McDonald's will tell you it's all about "location, location, location". But a website is virtual so the location basically is everywhere that a user can find it on a search engine or link, ad, etc. One of the problems with our community is that most of the businesses that operate in our community are not owned by us. Others see the potential in us being customers even more than we do (outside of the black hair industry - which I also had plans for). Even online, you'd think Black websites would be owned by us but sites like Destee struggle while sites like BlackVoices get bought by AOL and then Huffington Post who shut down the forum (allowing only the black voices on their payroll). When we lose ownership we lose power. So to gain power we must gain ownership.

What's your idea?

We have to gain ownership of our virtual streets. We have to own our virtual communities or else we are at the mercy of others who will profit from our congregation. Destee is doing a great thing but we need to support and build more. Paramount turned down Tyler Perry, deciding not to sell him BET. I'm not exactly mad that Johnson became the first black billionaire but now we don't own Black Entertainment Television. That's a problem. But that's a problem that you need to have a lot of money to do anything about. So I agree with starting small. However, I need to start with something that has the potential to scale into something that can generate millions. A 40 acre farm split however many ways, can still only grow what 40 physical acres can grow. The value of an acre of farmland in Ohio averaged $7,200 in 2022. That means your startup cost is already $288,000 without equipment or facilities. And then you have property taxes as overhead. I'm sure you can get subsidies but I don't know if I'd call this starting... "small".

I've been paying for webhosting since I was 20. The overhead on a website is relatively low and only has to scale up the more traffic it has. But if you can convert at least 10% to some kind of sales then you should able to afford the added cost. Today, I just paid for the premium version of the platform I'm going to use because for $200, those features will save me months of development. It's much better to buy an existing platform that is open source where you can develop whatever missing parts you need as plugins. Here's my pricing: https://blackaltmatch.com/membership/

Once income starts coming in, I have an idea for building up a "virtual corporation" (blackwallstreet2.com) where projects like this can be incubated with the help of volunteers in different departments. Basically, I want to build an "ACME Corp"... an umbrella corp; something that behaves and has the power of a corporation while allowing subsidieries to be fully independent while benefitting from the corporation. I already had a few people join it even though I'm far away from an actual launch. Most black-owned businesses are sole proprietors that create their own jobs. They may do that one job really well but they don't have someone dedicated to sales, marketing, customer service, etc. And so the growth of the business is limited, just like an acre of land. A corporation can scale products and services and operate globally. A corporation can connect many smaller business entities and departments in ways that make the network and pipeline stronger. Size matters. Each business can invest in the corporation and that will give the corporation buying power that no one single individual can match. And then buying land in Africa with your sustainable dream house and farm become easy. The importance of the virtual corporation cannot be understated. Why? Because not every business idea is going to succeed. We need the ability to fail the same way white people do. When you have enough resources to fail (prime example: Trump) you have enough resources to take risks that will pay off.

But I can't just tell people this. I have to show them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back