Pan Africanism : Were the Moors Black?

Therious said:
the arguement i would give is that northr/west africa was not always inhabited by arabs. i believe after a series of wars and natural disaster blacks lost control of this area. i would argue many moors were of mixed blood after the arabs took these lands as today you find most nations the conquering class has mixed with the original citizens.i have read the moors were african..dark,light, brown, ect. including arabs, and mixed breeds.

i have read that moor means black to the ancient romans also. although i was not alive then so no one can say for certain. What prrof can be provided of hanibals identity one way or the other? is it not true hannibal was of carthage? was carthage not an afrikan empire?

If I'm not mistaken Carthage was a Phonecian (sp?) colony in North Africa. Long before the Arabs came to the Maghreb, their were Berbers, and Berbers ( except for the Tuareg and maybe some other I don't know about) are clearly not racially Black people. You can google image Berbers, some of them look White, others no different then Arabs.

HISTORIANS HAVE ACCOUNTED THAT CARTHAGE WAS A BLACK STATE, AS WERE PHONECIANS THEM SLEVES WERE A BLACK PEOPLE.mANY SICILIANS ARE DARK PEOPLE, SOME SAY DUE TO MIXING WITH INVADING CARTHAGINIANS.

I DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS BUT IN MY OPINION IF BLACKS ARE THE OLDEST PEOPLES ON THIS SO CALLED EARTH ACCORDING TO ARCHEOLOGY (AND DARKNESS OF SKIN) THEN AFRICANS MUST HAVE BEEN ON THE CONTINENT LONGER THEN BERBER SO WHERE DID BERBERS COME FROM?

WHAT COUNTRY R U FROM BTW?

GREAT THREAD

They'll never tell the truth and will even make up good counterfeit stories as to why the Moors weren't black. Denzel Washington and Vin Diesel were battling for the role of Hannibal Barca. As a matter of fact I think they both were set to play in two separate movies about Hannibal.

Many people from the Middle East, even people(movie critics) in America said that it wouldn't be accurate historically to have Denzel play the part because the Carthagians were Semitic. Vin Diesel was said to be better suited because he had a more Middle Eastern or Semitic look. Even though he is a terrible actor in comparison to Denzel.

I know this thread wasn't originally about the Carthagians, but for some reason I had to bring this up. White people steal everything that we have ever done.

Therious said:
HISTORIANS HAVE ACCOUNTED THAT CARTHAGE WAS A BLACK STATE, AS WERE PHONECIANS THEM SLEVES WERE A BLACK PEOPLE.mANY SICILIANS ARE DARK PEOPLE, SOME SAY DUE TO MIXING WITH INVADING CARTHAGINIANS.

I DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWERS BUT IN MY OPINION IF BLACKS ARE THE OLDEST PEOPLES ON THIS SO CALLED EARTH ACCORDING TO ARCHEOLOGY (AND DARKNESS OF SKIN) THEN AFRICANS MUST HAVE BEEN ON THE CONTINENT LONGER THEN BERBER SO WHERE DID BERBERS COME FROM?

GREAT THREAD

True, the Phoenicians were black, Afro-Asiatic.

Therious said:

GREAT THREAD

I'm from Zambia. Africans are the world's oldest/original people but I read somewhere Berbers have been in the Maghreb (northwest Africa ) going back as far as 3000 BCE even though their origins are uncertain. I also heard from somewhen else Berbers were of Phonecian descent, but I don't think that's true. I won't say that I know for sure one way or the other, but how could the Phonecians be Black when they originated in the Middle East?

"I know this thread wasn't originally about the Carthagians, but for some reason I had to bring this up. White people steal everything that we have ever done."

I wouldn't say this is incorrect, but I'm only interested in the truth.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back