Food Discussion : This Major Food Company May Have Just Changed the Direction of the GMO Labeling Debate

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Information,

:yaay:

This Major Food Company May Have Just Changed the Direction of the GMO Labeling Debate

Has the unified voice of food manufacturers just hit a false note?

The unified wall of companies against labeling products that contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs) appears to be cracking. Campbell Soup(NYSE:CPB) last week said it would take the lead on the issue and voluntarily label which ingredients it uses that come from genetically modified organisms. Because food manufacturers have stridently blocked efforts to require such labeling, this could lead to the opposition's crumbling ...

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/01/16/this-major-food-company-may-have-just-changed-the.aspx?source=eogyholnk0000001&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

10802293354_1728a0ee87_z_large.jpg

THERE IS A CORNUCOPIA OF GMO INGREDIENTS IN CAMPBELL SOUP FOODS, BUT THE SOUP MAKER SAYS THEY'RE SAFE TO EAT AND IT'S WILLING TO TELL CONSUMERS EXACTLY WHAT ITS PRODUCTS CONTAIN

I guess this is good. But Campbell's has so many other bad things in it. This is why it is soooo much easier to just spend a little extra, and go to Basic Foods, or Whole Foods.

*pouting*

You don't have to spend so much time reading labels.

Just this week I learned about DATEM, an ingredient found in many, breads, also found in some Campbell's Soups. The FDA says it's ok, but who trusts them???

DATEM – an acronym for Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Monoglycerides. Another dough conditioner used to improve volume and uniformity. It is considered safe by the FDA, but a study in 2002, on rats, showed “heart muscle fibrosis and adrenal overgrowth”.

http://blog.fooducate.com/2012/06/2...lutely-should-avoid-bread-miniseries-part-44/

I guess this is good. But Campbell's has so many other bad things in it. This is why it is soooo much easier to just spend a little extra, and go to Basic Foods, or Whole Foods.

*pouting*

You don't have to spend so much time reading labels.

Just this week I learned about DATEM, an ingredient found in many, breads, also found in some Campbell's Soups. The FDA says it's ok, but who trusts them???

DATEM – an acronym for Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Monoglycerides. Another dough conditioner used to improve volume and uniformity. It is considered safe by the FDA, but a study in 2002, on rats, showed “heart muscle fibrosis and adrenal overgrowth”.

http://blog.fooducate.com/2012/06/2...lutely-should-avoid-bread-miniseries-part-44/

Yup! Campbell's is chocked with sodium like all the other can goods, however, they are taking the lead to inform, which is a good thing.

Yup! Campbell's is chocked with sodium like all the other can good, however, they are taking the lead to inform, which is a good thing.

Big time on the sodium! (Which is one of the things I am stepping up my game on this year.) And, so many other things you can't even pronounce. You know, I am trying to not eat canned goods. So, if I cheat and get some Campbell's Soup, I am really messing up. At Basic Food's they have some nice Salmon Bisque in a carton, no GMO's. No 3 syllable words. Easy. Not a lot of analysis.

Fooducate.com actually has an App that you can download to your cellie. Then all you have to do is scan the bar code on your food. And, then Fooducate will analyze your food for you. I think I am gonna ask my son if it's a good idea to do it tonight. I just got a new phone for Christmas..

*smile*

Big time on the sodium! (Which is one of the things I am stepping up my game on this year.) And, so many other things you can't even pronounce. You know, I am trying to not eat canned goods. So, if I cheat and get some Campbell's Soup, I am really messing up. At Basic Food's they have some nice Salmon Bisque in a carton, no GMO's. No 3 syllable words. Easy. Not a lot of analysis.

Fooducate.com actually has an App that you can download to your cellie. Then all you have to do is scan the bar code on your food. And, then Fooducate will analyze your food for you. I think I am gonna ask my son if it's a good idea to do it tonight. I just got a new phone for Christmas..

*smile*

Good deal Liberty, and try this, eat Asparagus raw and fry (slightly pass warm) your Tomatoes (lightly seasoned with salt and pepper) in olive oil on a bed of onions ... delicious as :cake:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back