Black People : THEY TOOK AWAY OUR DRUMS

How you get all up in my dreams?

Just last night--well early this morning I was dreaming about Black people communicating with each other using drums.

So Cristianity was/is just a convenient way to demonize African culture. Whatever they fear the most we must embrace the most

http://www.soul-patrol.com
The Black music lovers' Heaven.

By now all great minds on Destee are dreaming together Queen River.

Black music and musicians are such extraordinary people, any one of you who are involved in the writing and production of any type of musical format are Gods and Goddesses, and probably that's the other reason why such people are so highly criticized.

I enjoyed the above video, because it helped me to gain more clarity about the relationship between the drum and Afro-music around the world. I have a special place in me for the blues and jazz. Two of my Father's favorite genres. It's depressing that the rich style of the blues as far as the format has not been updated for popular ears to hear. The style is so important to it's mood and alchemy. I was a big Muddy Waters fan for a long time and I always felt that style of story telling, it's repetition and chord structure had to come about because of the pattens we learned from drumming.

In the movie "August Rush" the little boy learns how to play the guitar simply by drumming on the strings.

This is not just Hollywood magic, but exactly how Blacks played their string instruments way back when by slapping it. They took away our drums, so we had to move on to others way to create music.

More blues...

Black Snake Moan - Blind Lemon Jefferson

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

THEY TOOK AWAY OUR DRUMS

The power of our music.

MetaSaience,

After finding the hour to invest in the Mo Rodgers’ video, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation. Mo’s expert guidance through the African Blues is phenomenal.

This explains for me why I latched onto Olatunji and Osibisa, and continue to be influenced by drums of passion, in particular, the “Talking Drum.”

I can only hope that this thread attracts large numbers of visitors, as has most of the other threads, in order that this specific background knowledge of the African plight, can be acquired!

We are the change the world is receiving

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back