Black People Politics : The Soul of the Democratic Party

First of all, I and maybe some others need to stop being naive about politics and admit that what a person says and a person does are two entirely different things. More importantly, which one should I believe? Rhetoric or action? Thinking logically, actions are more important and should be the beacon that guides us, yet, we act illogically by continuing to vote for people that lie to us. We "hope" they are telling us the truth but more often than not, they aren't. They twist and play with words to trap us and those of us who hold on to "hope" want desperately to believe in them and we get frustrated when the truth is eventually revealed. It's like an abusive relationship. The power dynamic between the couple must shift such that the person who is being abused takes control of their destiny and gets out of the relationship. Lesson learned and should not be repeated.

It's a thought. Some folks in my neighborhood have Trump/Pence signs in their yards.
Evertime I drive by I wanna stop my car, run into their yard and grab those signs. Don't wanna get shot. They probably be watching?
At least I know who the true bigots are living to close for comfort.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back