Jails / Prisons : The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?

Destee
Posted this link ( 2014) in her original posting on this subject. It is Updated to ( 2019 ) . Now !

The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?
By Vicky Peláez
Global Research, December 15, 2019
El Diario-La Prensa, New York and Global Research 10 March 2008

In recent developments, California has adopted legislation which bans the private prison industry from operating in the state.

“The move will probably also close down four large immigration detention facilities that can hold up to 4,500 people at a time.
The legislation is being hailed as a major victory for criminal justice reform because it removes the profit motive from incarceration. It also marks a dramatic departure from California’s past, when private prisons were relied on to reduce crowding in state-run facilities.
Private prison companies used to view California as one of their fastest-growing markets.” (The Guardian, September 13, 2019)
What has happened over the last 10 years? Why are there so many prisoners?

“The private contracting of prisoners for work fosters incentives to lock people up. Prisons depend on this income. Corporate stockholders who make money off prisoners’ work lobby for longer sentences, in order to expand their workforce. The system feeds itself,” says a study by the Progressive Labor Party, which accuses the prison industry of being “an imitation of Nazi Germany with respect to forced slave labor and concentration camps.”

There are THESE Video's I posted this weekend.
THEY may help end Incarceration..
What I believe they will do is help! US

It may just my opinion.. one of these... make a difference in many lives.
Pulling yourself out of poverty isn't easy.. but this video gives insight.

Rev. T.D. Jake's speaks about how escaped going to Prison..
He now visit's the Men he grew up with.
The whole video is SO POWERFUL !

We may NEED what is shared to be Unified. Better at building ourselves up and out of poverty many are trapped in.
Put all else aside... go ahead put it all aside and take a moment to .. view
If you ever said we have to get this right, get ourselves together but still see no solutions it may be here..

If you really care to see and promote a better time for all of us.
In the near future. Another video I posted was Rev Dr. Martin Luther King..
His also explains what is really going on.
He died giving US his last Sunday Sermon.
This is his week. Give him a listen as well.
OK.. All you have to gain is a change of circumstances..

The more things change the more they remain the same.........
From Marin County Jail circa 1971 by Angela Davis:

Today's political prisoners can be heard here:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back