Black People : Tell Me About Your Avatar!

Sister Queenie started a thread, letting us know about our Beloved Ancestor Mary Fields aka Stagecoach Mary ... and well ... the shotgun, the dog, the very serious disposition this Sister obviously maintained throughout her life ... made me want to use her image as my avatar!

Less than a hundred years ago, in 1914, she became an Ancestor.

I bet she never thought her image, her life, would be chronicled on a web site in cyber space!

Big Ups to her and Sister Queenie !

:heart:

Destee

WoW...was pleasantly surprised when I dropped in to read some poetry. Thank you so much for the prompts. What is the avatar all about? I am a member of TeamUP Partners. TeamUP Partners (TUP) is an MLM company which is owned by Bill Goins, a 25 year veteran of network marketing. Bill is co-founder with the late Herman Wrice of Boys To Men/Girls To Women Business Organization. This organization helps prepare inner city youth for owning their own business. In fact, they get to earn money through various means. This works to discourage kids from falling prey to drug dealers who offer money to them for favors. As some of you may know. Herman Wrice is famous for closing down crack houses and forcing drug dealers off of neighborhood corners via protest marches with groups who live right there in the area. When you become apart of TUP you are helping inner city kids. A nine dollar investment in your own home business will pay you on 4 levels of your 2x6 expandable matrix. The income is good and every month on the 10th we are paid. To learn more, visit my website: www.TeamUp.2Fortune.com

Thanks Again.

Joyce

A Picture is worth a Thousand Words*

Hotep

What we choose to represent our selves is what we think of ourselves and others. It is said that a wise man or woman changes offten but a fool stays the same. That is to say that as we are reaching out for more we find what is behind us inferior to what we see fefore us...so this brings about a change and we must change in order to grow.

"I am because "We" are...and..."We" are because "I" am"

We must always and absolutely "Define" our selves and who we are...that is not ever the job of any one else...espishily "europeans" of any kind. Regardles of how we think about the "Movement" twards the total and absolute Liberation of Africans in America..."Nothing" can or will stop "Us".
The strenth of the African in America is represented to the "World" and the world "Respects" the "Image" of the "Millions More Movement" that was converged in Washington DC in Oct.14 -16th 2005 and is sill continuing on into the future of our "Family". This is a representation of "All" of "Us"!!!

Ase`

Note: I am only one in the Millions...I count because you count and you count because we count and we count because we have chosen to define who we are (for ever) and take control of our Disteny of African Liberation.

aglo said:
Reflection: Sista Joyce, thank you for sharing, I am so glad I asked because I had a feeling your avatar had an important message. :) I will definitely check out the website!

Okay, Fam. . .I am now shaking the cup. . .I am pulling out a name. . .next up is. . .(drum roll). . .

:spinstar:HODEE!!!:spinstar:

Hey, Brotha! :)

Birds always intrigue me. My children and I were on a nature walk last fall, and we were learning about turkeys. We found out that Ben Franklin wanted the turkey, rather than the bald eagle, to represent our country because the turkey is a hard working, respectable bird as opposed to the eagle, which steals from other birds (go figure!:uhoh:).

Anyway, what type of bird is that in your avatar? I'd love to know why you chose it to represent yourself!

Thanks! :)

-Aglo

Thank You Aglo

This is my second Avator. The first one I had up was a wolf pup. I run well in a pack, but break out and run alone a lot. ( ALONEWOLF ) Wolfie served well as my first Avator. He may return.

I believe that bird is a hawk. I saw it on a site and liked it. I chose it for my soaring nature and my longing to be as free.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back