Black People Politics : Supreme Court upholds Obamacare individual mandate as a tax

At this very moment, in the city I live in and surrounding cities, doctors are quitting (patients don't have insurance, or they have Medicaid), offices are no longer accepting new patients, offices are no longer accepting Medi-Cal (California Medicaid), clinics are closing, and this is while people are being cut from Medi-Cal and the waiting list is getting longer. The reason stated by most of these offices was the budget, which is a direct result of dept ... which is direct result of wars Obama continued, and the one's he started, and the bailout. At least out here, the medical industry is going wild. It's chaos.

*I know this because my wife just spent hours out of the past two days calling around trying to get us a doctor through Medi-Cal.

Extended Medicaid? How extended? Will it be enough to cover the many who will lose their income in the future? And what about the fact that more and more doctors won't accept it?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... The above paints a dark but accurate portrait of only one of the many problems in existence; which can only mean this: America is the Fall before Rome, much bigger than the President.

Peace In,

... Sorry Writeous1, I'm at a lost to make myself any clearer. These are your words:

When someone says the polling could have been administered by the IRS, I must hold them to that.

Peace In,

I was saying that the IRS could have done the polling, that is, give out the forms, or whatever, for people to take the poll. That's it. I wasn't even thinking about the tally (like I said, it wasn't something I gave effort to come up with). What you said I said was to have the IRS handle the results. To me, that says tally, and as a result I said that I didn't say that ... because I didn't.

*At least there's no anger in our exchanges.

I was saying that the IRS could have done the polling, that is, give out the forms, or whatever, for people to take the poll. That's it. I wasn't even thinking about the tally (like I said, it wasn't something I gave effort to come up with). What you said I said was to have the IRS handle the results. To me, that says tally, and as a result I said that I didn't say that ... because I didn't.

*At least there's no anger in our exchanges.

... Give a little effort now and explain how or who would conduct the tally if not the IRS; which coincides with this statement of yours:

Clyde said...And when you say this: I said IRS poll, and this: and the polling could have been administered/handled by the IRS. Its the same as me saying this: and then have the IRS administer and handled the outcome, wow.

Why are we splitting hairs over this, when the polling information would be returned to the IRS for handling and administration, as you admit:

Writeous1 ... and the polling could have been administered/handled by the IRS ... since "administratively that's the easiest, most basic way to do it." *

They could have done that, but instead, they did what you did in your last paragraph, and stated that the only way was "Door Number 1 or Door Number 2."

And "Ask every American by way of the IRS." is also a solution to addressing the very real problems ....

Peace In,

The law defines a health insurance exchange as a "governmental agency or nonprofit entity that is established by a state" in one section of the law, and then says later that individuals who participate in exchanges under that definition are eligible for subsidies. Because the law only says a "state" and not "a state or the federal government," Cannon and Adler argue that the federal government cannot legally dole out subsidies or tax breaks to people who buy insurance from federal exchanges.

Whew!

The Obama administration has said that the intention of the law is clear, and that they fully plan on handing out subsidies when they set up federal exchanges in states that do not set up their own. (Other legal experts agree. Tim Jost, a law professor at William and Lee University, told Yahoo News the pair's thesis is "wishful thinking.") But Cannon and Adler argue the "mistake" was an intentional choice to push states to set up exchanges, and that the administration must deal with the consequences.

Experts argue Obamacare mistake could doom key part of law

States could dodge a key part of the health care reform law because of a little-noticed mistake in the lengthy bill, according to a white paper by conservative health care experts Michael Cannon and Jonathan Adler.
A missing word in the law's definition of a health insurance exchange could prevent the federal government from doling out crucial subsidies to aid middle class and lower-income people in buying insurance in states that refuse to set up their own exchanges. (Only 14 states are close to setting up exchanges so far. The federal government will set up back-up exchanges in states that don't have their own by 2014.) If Cannon and Adler are right, the federal government would also not be able to fine large employers in states without exchanges if their lack of coverage leads employees to buy insurance in a federal exchange.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...re-mistake-could-doom-key-part-212811734.html

AP120607016603.jpg

Rick Perry is one of several GOP governors who has vowed not to set up a state health exchange. (LM Otero/AP)

Peace In,

The CEO Plan to Steal Your Social Security and Medicare
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dean-baker/the-ceo-plan-to-steal-you_b_1720324.html

Rationing Begins: States Limiting Drug Prescriptions for Medicaid Patients
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/rat...limiting-drug-prescriptions-medicaid-patients

States Cut Medicaid Drug Benefits To Save Money
http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2012/July/25/medicaid-cuts-sidebar.aspx

--So, what seems to be going on with Obama's expanded medicaid is that it's expanding, but changing for the worst at the same time; and the expanding part is highlighted in the press, but the negative changes are not.

Related to RFID:
Digital pills make their way to market
http://blogs.nature.com/news/2012/07/digital-pills-make-their-way-to-market.html

http://proteusdigitalhealth.com/

--It will be so easy for the government to say "If someone else is going to be paying for your pills, you should be taking them as directed. To ensure ...." Then people who want the social service will be required to take these digital pills or get an RFID implant "to make sure they take their pills."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back