Black People : Somali refugees: No food to break Ramadan fast

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Somalia famine: WFP begins 800-ton airlift of food

The World Food Program is sending 800 metric tons of high energy biscuits to East Africa to help fight the famine in Somalia.
The U.N. food agency said Tuesday that the series of nine airlifts will be enough to feed 1.6 million people for a day. The biscuits are being delivered to Kenya for onward delivery throughout the Horn of Africa.
More than 12 million people are suffering from the effects of drought in East Africa.
The U.S. on Monday announced an additional $105 million in aid for famine relief efforts. The top U.S. aid official said during a trip to a refugee camp in Kenya that models show that hundreds of thousands of Somali children could die in the famine if there is not a strong aid response.
http://www.timesonline.com/news/wor...cle_2b730fb9-2cfc-5405-9704-f1d2cfdbeb9a.html

Peace In Family...this is serious,

Thank you for this update, heartbreaking and reminds me that we are not immune to this devestation happening on US land.

Fervently praying...

edited: clarity

At this moment,I am both grateful that you highlighted this devestation and my heart aches by what I saw. It's so easy to grow desensitized to tragedies abroad. This reminds me of the importance in fasting and prayer. Yes, my brothers and sisters need their physical needs met and I implore us all to reach into our pockets and do what we can to assist, which is really helping us as a people. In addition, when you fast and pray, you are in a state of sensitivity and cleansing..allowing you to feel the pain of others, and you are driven by a higher power to passionately take action and make a difference. Of course, I am conscious of the many beliefs and respect them.

I will be praying for their deliverance in the natural and in spirit, and though fasting is a lifestyle, this lights another purpose in my sacrificial offering.

Thank you Brother Clyde, I am deeply touched.

.......yvw Proverbs31Woman and thanks for the spiritual input,

As you state, the essence of fasting is prayer and cleansing not starvation or famine, which is the case in Kenya with the Somalians; caused by the denial of outside help by the very Religious Group espousing the so-called fast, along with conflict in the land, clearly an oxymoron in modern terms.

c1d4cec6cab25a11f50e6a706700a420.jpg
5f7c3079ca9f5a11f50e6a7067000dda.jpg
c310981697b8fb10f30e6a7067008249.jpg

• A pregnant Somali woman sits by a tree trunk at UNHCR's Ifo Extension camp outside …
  • A Somali child pulls a water container near UNHCR's Ifo Extension camp outside Dadaab,
  • In this Sunday, July 24, 2011 photo women line up to sign up for the World Food Program emergency distributions in Dolo, Somalia. Some thousands of people have arrived in Mogadishu seeking aid and The World Food Program executive director Josette Sheeran said they can't reach the estimated 2.2 million Somalis in desperate need of aid who are in militant-controlled areas of Somalia. (AP Photo/Jason Straziuso)
Peace In,

.......yvw Proverbs31Woman and thanks for the spiritual input,

As you state, the essence of fasting is prayer and cleansing not starvation or famine, which is the case in Kenya with the Somalians; caused by the denial of outside help by the very Religious Group espousing the so-called fast, along with conflict in the land, clearly an oxymoron in modern terms.

c1d4cec6cab25a11f50e6a706700a420.jpg
5f7c3079ca9f5a11f50e6a7067000dda.jpg
c310981697b8fb10f30e6a7067008249.jpg

• A pregnant Somali woman sits by a tree trunk at UNHCR's Ifo Extension camp outside …
  • A Somali child pulls a water container near UNHCR's Ifo Extension camp outside Dadaab,
  • In this Sunday, July 24, 2011 photo women line up to sign up for the World Food Program emergency distributions in Dolo, Somalia. Some thousands of people have arrived in Mogadishu seeking aid and The World Food Program executive director Josette Sheeran said they can't reach the estimated 2.2 million Somalis in desperate need of aid who are in militant-controlled areas of Somalia. (AP Photo/Jason Straziuso)
Peace In,

I hear you Brother Clyde, and just want to clarify that my fasting and prayer is done with the sufferings of my people in mind, to keep me tied to them spiritually as their intercessor and to strengthen my submission as a vessel for God's purpose.

Selah.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back