Black People Politics : Obama opposes slavery reparations, apology

Greetings asimplepoet and THANK YOU for "stepping out" of the poetry forum to share here.

For me, I work against thinking or speaking in terms of "wrong" or "right". I substitute that for "helpful/healthy" or "hurtful/harmful" instead. It is quite harmful when I here advocacy for "improving schools,health care" etc because those systems HAVE BEEN equally harmful. I say this because the educational system is designed to educate us to thinking and behaving like europeans and denies the opportunity to learn of our true story on this planet. The Health care system is the same. It is designed and managed in a way as to maintain illness and promote dependence of medications without addressing or healing the root cause of illness.
True Reparations for me would support a separation ..an alternative educational and health care (and other) systems which support Afreekan Descendants with identifying and implementing curriculum's and heath care practices based on our knowledge of us.
I agree with you in that it does not good to take axe out and not providing space and resources for healing. Saying they would advocate for "better education..etc" is like taking out the axe and putting in smaller knives.
Also, IF they really wanted to support HEALING of the wounds, why is there no talk of MENTAL/EMOTIONAL HEALTH care programs to to do. Keeping in mind that these "programs" will be developed and implemented by AFREEKAN DESCENDANTS who are schooled or educated in the art of healing the mind. Afreekan psychologist, psychiatrist, social workers, therapists, educators etc. Let's say a program developed by Dr. Frances Cress Welsing or programs designed based on the works of Dr. Amos Wilson, Marimba Ani. Programs designed WITHOUT the influence or input of europeans. Programs which create employment and educational opportunities. Stuff like that and not more of the same education, health care, housing communities which are currently in place.
That is the problem I have with it.
Thanks again for stepping out!:hearts4:

M.E.
:hearts2:

I can definitely see the validity of your point of view and I will take time to look at it from that perspective.

yes, i did. you have no positive agenda beyond dissing obama.

And Obama has dissed Africans Americans on a national stage how many times now James ...1,2,3,4....????

The problem with you Obama disciples is that you're in a sad state of denial. Obama would NEVER speak to white americans they way he has with blacks. NEVER. You know this to be true. Yet it's acceptable for him to chastise AAs because you want to see him in the white house? That's absurd. Don't sit here and tell me otherwise. What's wrong with you, you can't see what's going on? Your credibility as a responsible voter is highly questionable. I can only wonder how often will Obama groupies sacrifice their dignity and self-respect for someone who is a political opportunist. Truly sad.

Until I see Obama put drug addicted, methamphetamine white parents who are living in a trailer park and committing incest with their offspring on front street, then maybe I might change my mind about this charlatan. MAYBE.

And Obama has dissed Africans Americans on a national stage how many times now James ...1,2,3,4....????
So what! If Obama has "dissed" African Americans, as you claim, is that going to make you vote for McCain? If so, you are naive to think that McCain is going to do anymore for Black people then Obama is.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back