Black Picture Image Gallery : Nommo Family

image.jpg Sis. And me w/Grandma Oralee.

View attachment 2544 Old skool flashback. 1975 before the prom photo. I thought I was "fly" in those days.

man you better bring that tie back in style!.. .that's what we need right now.. coordinated attire! I had an all red suit I wore with some white shoes.. riding with my father in his canary yellow 1977 Lincoln mark V.. couldn't tell me I wasn't clean!

Back in the 80s...The Power of the Word (NOMMO).

In a letter to the Daily Bruin, Omowale Jabali, a third-year graduate student in the UCLA School of Education and a staff writer for Nommo, the black student newspaper on campus, wrote that the captions are part of an institutionalized racism at UCLA.

"The Rosenberg-led band of Daily Bruins, UCLA's daily misinformers, with their over-representation of Zionists, recently confirmed the beliefs of many black students at this 'Camp David West,' " Jabali wrote in the letter, printed Feb. 23.

"This insensitivity of the Daily Bruin is an affront to the African community because it projects, reinforces and instills the fears and misrepresentations that white people have about black youth, in particular those of us who listen to rap and reggae."

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-03-05/local/me-79_1_black-students

Back in the 80s...The Power of the Word (NOMMO).

In a letter to the Daily Bruin, Omowale Jabali, a third-year graduate student in the UCLA School of Education and a staff writer for Nommo, the black student newspaper on campus, wrote that the captions are part of an institutionalized racism at UCLA.

"The Rosenberg-led band of Daily Bruins, UCLA's daily misinformers, with their over-representation of Zionists, recently confirmed the beliefs of many black students at this 'Camp David West,' " Jabali wrote in the letter, printed Feb. 23.

"This insensitivity of the Daily Bruin is an affront to the African community because it projects, reinforces and instills the fears and misrepresentations that white people have about black youth, in particular those of us who listen to rap and reggae."

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-03-05/local/me-79_1_black-students
The crazy thing about this is that I served on the Communications Board.

image.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back