Black People : Max Julien & Black Pimp Mentality

Most people who work managing prostitutes are men, but some women work in this capacity as well, though rarely in street prostitution. Women are rarely called pimps, as the word implies male dominance - a woman who manages prostitutes is generally called a mamasan or a madam. (This should not be confused with the title of respect given to adult women in most English-speaking countries.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimp

Donald Goines From 1952 to 1955 he served in the army. During this period he got hooked on heroin. When he returned to Detroit from Japan, he was a heroin addict.

The next 15 years from 1955 Goines spent pimping, robbing, stealing, bootlegging, and running numbers, or doing time. His seven prison sentences totaled 6,5 years. While in jail in the 1960s he first attempted to write Westerns without much success - he loved cowboy movies. A few years later, serving a different sentence at a different prison, he was introduced to the work of Iceberg Slim (Robert Beck). This time Goines wrote his semi-autobiographical novel Whoreson, which appeared in 1972. It was a story about the son of a prostitute who becomes a Detroit ghetto pimp. Also Beck's first book, Pimp: The Story of My Life (1967), was autobiographical. Goines was released in 1970, after which he wrote 16 novels with Holloway House, Iceberg Slim's publisher. Hoping to get rid of surroundings - he was back on smack - he moved with his family to the Los Angeles ghetto of Watts.
http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/goines.htm

Oh hold up. I didn't ruffle any 'feathers' did I!

AM I now being 'educated'.....from wikipedia? no less? (And whatever that other link was...)

This is not MY post...it's YOURS....and I simply responded in kind to the original question and even preferenced MY contribution by including said question! Do I need to repeat it? O.K., for 'clarity sake,' I will repeat it.

'What's your opinion on Max Juilien and black pimp mentality?'

I don't have an 'opinion' on Max Julien (other than he is/was an actor,) otherwise I would have included it in MY original post.

However, MY answer on 'black pimp' mentality is what I offered and that black pimp mentality is not limited to MEN. and THIS is an irrefutable truth no matter WHO likes it.

If YOU didn't really want 'opinions,' why ask? Did wikipedia also inform YOU that the 'dope addict' Donald Goines was gunned down at an airport and why?

Also, most pimps according to this society, are considered 'criminals' (even though pimping IS the worlds second oldest profession,) that's nothing new, so to do a bid in jail is not unsual nor even wholely unexpected even by the 'criminal,' since it comes with the territory. So what is YOUR point in highlighting that?

Oh yeah. What has a 'mamasan' got to do with anything I'VE written? Detroit don't look Nothing like Japan.

If YOUV'E got all the 'answers,' why ask for 'opinions?'

Nevermind.

I got all the answers I need.

Most people who work managing prostitutes are men, but some women work in this capacity as well, though rarely in street prostitution. Women are rarely called pimps, as the word implies male dominance - a woman who manages prostitutes is generally called a mamasan or a madam. (This should not be confused with the title of respect given to adult women in most English-speaking countries.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimp

Donald Goines From 1952 to 1955 he served in the army. During this period he got hooked on heroin. When he returned to Detroit from Japan, he was a heroin addict.

The next 15 years from 1955 Goines spent pimping, robbing, stealing, bootlegging, and running numbers, or doing time. His seven prison sentences totaled 6,5 years. While in jail in the 1960s he first attempted to write Westerns without much success - he loved cowboy movies. A few years later, serving a different sentence at a different prison, he was introduced to the work of Iceberg Slim (Robert Beck). This time Goines wrote his semi-autobiographical novel Whoreson, which appeared in 1972. It was a story about the son of a prostitute who becomes a Detroit ghetto pimp. Also Beck's first book, Pimp: The Story of My Life (1967), was autobiographical. Goines was released in 1970, after which he wrote 16 novels with Holloway House, Iceberg Slim's publisher. Hoping to get rid of surroundings - he was back on smack - he moved with his family to the Los Angeles ghetto of Watts.
http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/goines.htm

OK, HERE'S ANOTHER WIKI LINK.....

Donald Goines (pseudonym: Al C. Clark) (December 15, 1937 – October 21, 1974) was one of the original African American novelists to write in the "street" tradition of Robert Beck (Iceberg Slim).

Death
Goines and his wife were shot to death in Detroit on the night of October 21, 1974. According to some sources, Goines was gunned down over a failed drug deal. But it is popularly believed that he was murdered by neighborhood criminals who objected to characters and storylines that they thought were based on themselves and thus clues to their identities and crimes. The identity of the killer or killers remains unknown.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Goines

Donald_goines.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back