Africa : Marcus Garvey's vision alive: Ghana sets aside land for Africans in the Diaspora

Son of RA

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 14, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Occupation
Student
Greetings Family,

Just wanted to share a letter that was given to me back in July by a Rasta brother in the struggle. I apologize for not posting it earlier but I had to figure out how to get it on the site so I had it scanned. After having the pages scanned I could not post it on the site because the images were too large (over 1 MB) so I decided to type it. If anyone wants the scanned pages let me know and I will email it to you. Note: Give me a couple of weeks (sep 3) to respond since I am currently on vacation and I'm using my moms computer so I am unable to send email from my account.

Tranquillity

2020 GROUP

Greetings:

Thank you for inquiring about the free land, business, employment, educational and travel opportunities being generated by our project in Ghana, West Africa. Enclosed you will find written and video information about the venture, the organizations involved and all the documents necessary for you to pursue any and all of the opportunities that interest you. Please feel free to share this information with others you may be interested. To contact us, please call 215-247-1545, email dzertclub@aol.com or visit us online at http://www.2020group.net

Free Land
The 2020 Group, a Philadelphia-based real estate investment company and Fihankra International, a Ghana-based non governmental organization have formed a joint venture to develop 30,000 acres of land in the Eastern region of Ghana. This large tract of land has been set aside specifically for African Americans and all Africans in the Diaspora who are descendents of those who were victims of the trans-Atlantic slave trade. Each such descendent who is 21 years of age or older is entitled to access one, 10,000 square foot plot of land, free of charge, to build a primary residence, vacation home, retirement home, time share or rental property. The only requirements are that you have to pay a one time processing fee of $195, the annual real estate tax of $395 and begin construction within 3 years of your acquistion. Land for commericial, industrial and agricultural use is also available. To access your plot, pleae complete and sign the attached land access form, then mail it, along with the processing fee and real estate tax in the enclosed self addressed envelop. Please make your checks payable to the 2020 Group. To pay by credit card, please complete and sign the attached "Credit Card Authorization" form then mail it or fax it it 215-247-2896

Business and employment opportunities
A partial list of the various business and employment opportunities is enclosed. Bussiness must be 100% owned by those of African descent. The first stage of this project involves the development of Site A, which will consist of 500 families and an international boarding school housing 200 students, faculty and staff. Businessees and employess will be needed to service this community. When completed, the 30,0000-acre community will house 250,000 residents who will need the goods and services provided by business and employees sufficient to service a community of this size. Needless to say, we are looking for positive businesses that will coincide with the positive objectives of this community. We are not looking for the types of businesses and businesspeople who have turned the United States and the rest of the western world into a modern day Babylon. When evaluating which businesses will be allowed in our community, special consideration will given to those proposals and employment applications presented to us by those individuals and families who have acessed their plot(s) of land. If you have not done so already, please complete the company profile and / or employment application contained in this package and mail it back to us.

(end of page 1)

Homecoming Tour
Our second annual "Homecoming Tour" will take place August 1-11 2006. We will spend 4 days in Egypt and an entire week in Ghana. In addition to visiting the various sites in both countries, we will also be given lectures by world-renown historians, Drs. Edward Robinson and Runoko Rashidi. This trip will also feature a "think tank" and two day homecoming celebration at the site of our proposed homeland in Ghana. Please see the enclosed itinerary for further details. The cost of the trip is $2799 plus tax. A non-refundable deposit of $399 will hold your seat. Seats will be sold on a first come-first served basis. To reserve a space on this historic trip, please complete and sign the enclose "Travel Information" form, then mail it along with your deposit in the enclosed envelop.

History
In 1994, the House of Chiefs of Ghana and Nigeria apologized for the role their ancestors played in the kidnapping and subsequent enslavement of their African brethren in the West. Over 3000 people witnessed this apology. This apology was followed by an act of atonement in 1997 whereby 30,000 acres of prime, fertile land in the Eastern region of Ghana was set aside for the descendents of those kidnapped Africans who were forcibly removed from their homeland hundreds of years ealier. The land was deeded to Fihankra International, under the leadership of Nana Kwadwo Akpan. In his role as custodian, Nana Akpan subdivided the land into various sites, then divided the sites into 10,000 square foot plots. The site presently being develped is Site A, which consists of 300 acres. This site will contain 500 residential properties, commercial and industrial establishments, an international boarding school, recreational complex, a senior citizen's home, medical center and an international broadcasting facility.

In 1999, the d'Zert Club, a Philadelphia-based youth organization visited Ghana with a group of 150 students and adult group leaders. The trip was so awesome that many of the adults in the group expressed a desire to own land in Ghana for the purposes of building primary residences, retirement and vacation homes, rental properties and timeshares. To facilitate these objectives, the adults formed the 2020 Group, a limited partnership with the mission of acquiring and developing land in Africa. In 2004, members of the group traveled back to Ghana prepared to purchase 1000 acres. It was during this trip that they were introduced to Fihankra and Nana Akpan. In 2005, a joint venture between the two groups was formed and the 2020 Group was designated as the U.S. liason between African-Americans and Fihankra International.

Company profiles
Fihankra, International is a Ghana-based NGO (Non governmental organization) founded and established in 1994 by Nana Kwadwo Akpan. When translated into English, Fihankra meas "When leaving home, goodbyes could not be said and it refers to the ancestors of Africans in the Diaspora who were forcibly taken from their African homeland and subsequently enslaved in the United States, the Caribbean, Europe and South America. The mission of Fihankra is two-fold. One is to promote the cultural and economic reintegration of Africa by its Diaspora. The second is the development of

(end of page 2)

30,000 acres of land in the Eastern region of Ghana, West Africa into a state of the art self sustaining eco community

The d'Zert Club is a Philadelphia-based youth organization founded in 1997 by the husband and wife team of Ali and Helen Salahuddin. Its motto is "It is better to build a child than repair an adult". The mission of the d'Zert Club is to provide African-American children between the ages of 7 and 14 with their true and correct African history. It accomplishes this mission by enrolling children in its two year "African Genesis" program wherein the children attend 9 two-hour classes and 3 field trips to sites in the United States and Canada that are relevant to the African experience in North America. Upon graduation, these students receive a free 10-day trip to Africa, the land of their forefathers. Since inception, more than 1400 students and adult group leader have graduated from the program and traveled to countries in Africa that include Senegal, The Gambia, Ghana, Egypt. In addition to Philadelphia, the d'Zert has chapters in Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, New York and Washington, DC

The 2020 Group is a Philadelphia-based limited partnership established in 2000 by Ali and Helen Salahuddin. It is a real estate investment group with its mission being to acquire and develop land in Africa into state of the art, self-sustaining eco communities.

(end of page 3)

".... we cannot advance the interests of our people through the imitation of our oppressors ….our oppressor represents death; our oppressor is deadly…… You are going to complain on one hand about these racist people, about how they enslaved us, exploited us, discriminated against us, how they lynched and pillaged us, and then turn right around and see their behavior as something to be emulated and imitated.” Ancestor Amos N Wilson

(end of page 3)[/QUOTE]

Powerful quotes.
In other words, the victims will eventually become the victimizers.

It is for this reason why it is necessary to encourage all Africans not to waste precious energy chasing behind and begging whites to change their standards to suite us, we need to build our own standards of achieving our goals thru’ our own experiences. The time we spend trying to find a solution in our oppressor, the less time remain to develop our own creative qualities.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back