Black Men : How Many Black Men Die Daily in the USA?

Last night, I saw a 27 year old Black man die from a stab wound to the chest. I have seen lots of people in the last moments of their life. From babies to the elderly and many different races. The ones that effect me most are the ones who I did not expect to die.

The first time I had this happen was in 2003. A man was trapped in a vehicle which had flipped upside down on the interstate. He was alert and oriented, talking to fire fighters and paramedics. The crushed vehicle had his internal organs ruptured but controlled by the pressure which entrapped him. Once the fire department cut him free he bled out within two minutes.

Last night, I knew he was in serious condition or we would not have been there. But, I just wasn't expecting him to die. In one moment he was stable the next minute someone was frantically asking me to bring them a chair that I was standing next to. Confused and wondering what in the world they needed a chair for, I grabbed the chair and placed it beside him. He stepped into the chair and began frantically pumping the young man's chest. I looked up at the monitor and with exception of indication of CPR, he was flat line.

Unlike on TV, In real life when a person dies, most of the time their eyes are open. (I have never seen anyone die with their eyes closed) There is a distinctive look of death in their eyes. This 27 year old Black man had stepped over into eternity. He was a victim of fractracide. I felt like picking up something and just throwing it. It's difficult to maintain a professional demeanor in the presence of such an atrocity. A warrior down, another warrior will be imprisoned.

Leaving the hospital, dozens of family members cluttered the parking lot. The word had gotten out. Screaming and yelling, crying and waling all around the parking lot.

I can't stand seeing this play out in our community as I have seen so many times. This particular incident effected me more so than some of the others. Most of the time, we transport the patient and leave the hospital with the patient in critical condition. Because of confidentiality rules, we never find out rather they live or die unless it makes the news. A LOT more of this stuff occurs than makes the news. A LOT!!

Last night, I remembered this thread. How many Black men die daily in the USA? How many survive life threatning injuries inflicted as a result of fractracide? Why are we so willing to take the life of our own people? When will we realize that we can never thrive as a people when we are so willing to participate in fractracide? HOW can we ever be prepared to face an external enemy when we are preoccuppied with fighting among ourselves.

I'm really sick of this stuff.

man talking about sick , I couldn't agree more.
This why we as men have to stop this war against each other and killing brotherhood

Our young men are being attacked by today's society by the numbers we falling to death
at a rate unbelievable !

so SAD !!!!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back