Black People : How do you define financial stability?

bigtown said:
BOY INTUITION, YOU NEVER MISS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR SELF PROMOTION DO YOU? IN MY OPINION, IT'S UP TO EACH INDIVIDUAL WHAT THEY CONSIDER FINANCIAL STABILITY TO BE. TO SOME PEOPLE, JUST HAVING A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS IS ENOUGH. FOR SOME, THE ROOF HAS TO BE WORTH A MILLION BUCKS. ONE CAN'T DECIDE FOR EVERYONE WHAT IT IS.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

Mr. Big.... how exactly am I promoting myself?

I am sharing.

I know that some people will say that... but the reality is.. that there is this thing called "poverty".

From WEBSTER:

Main Entry: pov·er·ty
Pronunciation: 'pä-v&r-tE
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English poverte, from Old French poverté, from Latin paupertat-, paupertas, from pauper poor -- more at POOR
1 a : the state of one who lacks a usual or socially acceptable amount of money or material possessions b : renunciation as a member of a religious order of the right as an individual to own property
2 : SCARCITY, DEARTH
3 a : debility due to malnutrition b : lack of fertility
synonyms POVERTY, INDIGENCE, PENURY, WANT, DESTITUTION mean the state of one with insufficient resources. POVERTY may cover a range from extreme want of necessities to an absence of material comforts <the extreme poverty of the slum dwellers>. INDIGENCE implies seriously straitened circumstances <the indigence of her years as a graduate student>. PENURY suggests a cramping or oppressive lack of money <a catastrophic illness that condemned them to years of penury>. WANT and DESTITUTION imply extreme poverty that threatens life itself through starvation or exposure <lived in a perpetual state of want> <the widespread destitution in countries beset by famine>.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/04computations.shtml

I encourage people to start by being able to pay for your rent or mortgage with one(2 week paycheck) or better yet one weeks pay. :)

BIGTOWN... I am only trying to help my people. I could brag... all day and not share information like this.... THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT A LOT OF PEOPLE DO... but... I am not.... :)

what i learn is not what you have but what you do with it to have stability financially
trying to save 25% of your earnings is no easy task in today's world and cost of living
we barely can save a healthy 5 % but it lay in the hands of what you want in life or out
of life my first things is to provide for family by all means whatever left i try to put a buck
away here and there but it's not easy !

I know we all need money to live but i do not value it , what i value is the blessing
money can't buy love , happiness or respect all these things are earned we just need
money in this sad society to live .

But why not share the secret to your wealth how the next can rise and help another !

what good is stability if you can't help your people rise ?
to me we can't save everyone but you can save one and still be as strong at home
a provider and bread winner it's again not what you have but how you handle it .

Quote )) )) )) MAKE THE MONEY DON'T LET THE MONEY MAKE YOU !
this seem to happen when so many blacks come into wealth there mouth
become green paper back and greed to the likings it spills out like a degrade
to the less or poor so why not reach back and catch a hand .
don't talk about what u have but use it to maybe help a few stand and
rise from this proverty we face daily

Pan and James hit some good points above .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back