Black People : Going to Jail for not paying child support

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
I dunno if anyone started a thread about this yet, but I need to vent right now for the sake of one of my friends. I think its outright stupid to put a person who has a job and is making strides to pay child support in jail.. I mean who does it benefit exactly? No one! Its not paying the 'debt' that is due and when they are done serving their sentence they have difficulty finding a job. We as taxpayers have to cough up money to have space for people like this person I know who do not even deserve to be in jail. And it definitely does not benefit the child's mother who open her dang mouth in the first place when he came back in town just to spend some time with his own woman and child they have together....wtf came up with that fragerknacle bull that they call law? Sorry, I had to vent. One of my friends fiancee went to jail and has to be there for like 4 months and to make matters worse, he most likely will have to go to jail all over again because he has another warrant for not appearing in court ... why didn't he appear in court? Because HE IS IN JAIL! And why he did not appear in court prior to the jail sentence he is serving now? BECAUSE HE WAS AWAY ON A JOB! I mean really? And worst of all, my friend's son is starting not to even recognize his dad anymore. He's not even say "dada" like he used to. I'm sorry to go off like this, but this system is really screwed up.

ummmm,...forgive me for asking these questions... how long has it been since he made a payment? how long has he been on this job? how long has he gone not paying it before he found this job?

Depending on what state you live in, laws tends to be different. Here in OKC, if a parent paying child support go too long for not paying anything, even if they do have or gotten a job and is tryn to pay something, they are still liable to be picked up because of going over the time frame of not reporting changes. i don't know if that is the case or not with him but it can happen.

Things like this happen when we are too lazy or ignorant to put a sock on it. You do not get out what you don't put in. The solution is not insight but foresite. There needs to be more foresite used in the community. Or as the old folk used to say back in the day :" An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

ummmm,...forgive me for asking these questions... how long has it been since he made a payment? how long has he been on this job? how long has he gone not paying it before he found this job?

Depending on what state you live in, laws tends to be different. Here in OKC, if a parent paying child support go too long for not paying anything, even if they do have or gotten a job and is tryn to pay something, they are still liable to be picked up because of going over the time frame of not reporting changes. i don't know if that is the case or not with him but it can happen.
he hasnt had a job so because of that he has not been able to make payments like he needed to but before he got the job he recently had, he made money doing studies and stuff and someone one of the child's mothers (the one who got him put in jail) would tip off authorities somehow and he has to fork over every penny he has and because of that, he could not pay the other child support he needed to pay. he had hard time finding a job here in town, so he finally found a job where it required him to travel and he was making money, and he would send money to his fiancee to send off for child support. so he was really doing his best, but he still ended up in jail.

he hasnt had a job so because of that he has not been able to make payments like he needed to but before he got the job he recently had, he made money doing studies and stuff and someone one of the child's mothers (the one who got him put in jail) would tip off authorities somehow and he has to fork over every penny he has and because of that, he could not pay the other child support he needed to pay. he had hard time finding a job here in town, so he finally found a job where it required him to travel and he was making money, and he would send money to his fiancee to send off for child support. so he was really doing his best, but he still ended up in jail.
there are folks i know who actually never been in jail in the past, yet picky about what job to get to start paying child support. I feel that's who authorities should be after. And I know a couple of guys like that. And to make it worse, this person I am talking about wants NOTHING to do with his son. This person that's in jail wants everything to do with his children but either the mom doesn't want him in the child's life or the woman who got him put in jail uses their daughter as bait somehow when in reality she is using the money on herself and not the child.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back