Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Gabrielle Douglas - 2012 Olympic Gold Medal Winner's Hair - It's ALWAYS Something

AND...the insults continue... :flaming:

I was just looking around on Youtube for a video of Gabby winning the Gold medal when I ran across this crap!

There were FIVE girls on the American team, of which Gabby was one and the ONLY Black. They were called The Fab Five and also the USA Dream Team. Each girl was given her own nickname:

"The One to Beat"
"The Flying Squirrel"
"The Powerhouse"
"Queen of Amanar"
"The Rookie"

Guess which nickname was Gabby's....

I'm technology challenged :lol: so I haven't figured out how to embed Youtube here yet so the best I can give you is the link and hope that it works.

2012 USA Gymnastics Dream Team

"Peculiarly, Miss Douglas' hair is possibly the neatest out of her whole team leading many to wonder what all the fuss is about.
One needs to realize that some of our people (all people in fact) are grounded in their prejudices and vision. This is the same reason why certain commentators on the site repeat the same garbage despite the focus. Some of our people are 'hair conscious' especially when it comes to our people. What can we expect when we do not directly provide better consciousness development? I mean, we try, of course, but we haven't gone anywhere near reaching the majority of our people.
As to me, I realize that she is a beautiful child of ours. It's excellent that she can do so gracefully on the world stage.

Please NNQueen, don't tell me that they nicknamed Gabby, ''The Flying Squirrel"!!!

I have to admit us's are so fast into throwing other talented black folks under the bus.

But yet some of us's are always complaining about why their children are always going to jail, getting shot, not in school or not getting a job. I bet they wish they was in Gabby's shoes right now..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back